Swiftee feat. The Brothers Grim - 'More Than Music'
Skandalous Productions feat. Wiley - 'WD25'
Young Dot - 'Bazooka'
DaVinChe - 'Phaze'
Cirez D - 'Re-Match'
Tim Deluxe - 'I Don't Care'
Funk D'Void & Phil Kieran - 'Black Worm'
The Beach Boys - 'Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)'

Mmm, train rides and shuffle - although as I rule I don't usually condone shuffle.
Sorry for the long list. These are really good though, spesh McCartney.

Last edited:

AshRa

I've just listened to a few bits from the last few weeks I finally got round to picking up.

Beauty Room - Don't You Know, like a bleepy version of Steely Dan, wonderful.
Telex - Moskow Diskow reissue, like Model 500 on holiday in Europe?
Heiroglyphic Being - The Sound Of Music EP, my favourite techno / electronic producer of the last couple of years.
Lloyd McTaggart - You're Back, another Wackies reissue that sounds like absolutely nothing else.

Still got Sun Ra On Jupiter and a Lovers Rock comp to go - ahhh PAYDAY! :)

killuridols

Change the game
Be your own PET - 'bunk,trunk,skunk'
The Paddingtons - 'Panic Attack'
Test -icicles - For Screening Purposes Only
The Long Blondes - 'Seperated by motorways'
Kano - Beats and Bars mixtape
Floetry - Flo- ology
Neils Children - 'I hate models'

kingofcars

i second the hieroglyphic being/sun god/ibm recommendation...i was just playing around w/ the 'faces drums' ep he did w/ steve poindexter earlier today.

hurricane run

today

Francois Hardy - The Vogue Years (cd 2)
The Beach Boys - Holland
Mingus - The black saint and the sinner lady
Radio 2 in my tractor

zhao

there are no accidents
John Cage - Herbert Henck - Piano - Sonatas and interludes for prepared piano / Piano Improvisations

Otomo Yoshihide / Park Je Chun / Mi Yeon - Loose Community

Giya Kancheli - In L'istesso Tempo

So Percussion - Steve Reich - Drumming (but this didn't last long. took it out after about 5 minutes)

Dj Rapid Ric / King Koopa (Chamillionaire) - Whut it Dew

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
enduser

cannibal ox - return of the ox (just got it today)

rahzel's album (also first listen... lotta mediocre flows between the awesome beatboxing tracks)

anti-pop - diagonal rhyme gargantula ep

about to listen to that (awesome) heatwave mix again

and some congo natty before I go to work.

PositiveBalance1

Keep It Thoro
Yall Know The Name- Pharoahe Monch
White People- Handsome Boy Modeling School
Dear Catastrophe Waitress- Belle and Sebastian
The Sun Rises In The East- Jeru the Damaja
Either / Or- Elliott Smith

mms

sometimes
started the day off with william burroughs - breakthrough in the grey room, his cut ups which have just been re-released

paradox cd comp he mixed called drumfunk

zilla new mix which is just wild - incredibly well done mix of techno/afxy stuff and dirty south accapellas which sounds shit but isn't in the slightest bit, it's so well done and doesn't bow to consensus

last pharside album - fucking absolute rubbish apart from the track that samples imagination .

dj distance new one on booka - superb

space machine 3 which is japanese pain enthusiast masonna's analogue head trip project, wonderful in places

sufi

lala
confucius said:
my pleasure!
i heard this track before on cassette, so maybe the mp3 is ripped off cassette also, i dunno... both those tracks sound muddy tho unfortunately - but i put em up on my blog last night anyways ;)

sadly i think combing in algeria may be a bit out of the question these troubled times, but it may be worth combing finsbury park at least... i'll see what i can do

zhao

there are no accidents
labrat said:

that's really nice isn't it? I have another recording of "Sonatas and Interludes" but it's not as good as this one. and that 2nd disc of improvisations... it is one of those discs that is impossible to wear out - I listen to it 3 times in one sitting and still reluctant to take it out :)

sufi said:
sadly i think combing in algeria may be a bit out of the question these troubled times, but it may be worth combing finsbury park at least... i'll see what i can do

yeah there are several tracks on things like the "Rough Guide to Rai", regrettably my only access to this music, that are just killer. Arabic proto-jungle all minor-keys and ominous strings... and a couple of hiphop tracks with beautiful female vocals and french rap, with this special misty haziness and stoned-out-of-your-mind-in-Morrocco feel... and dark. like an Arabic Infamous by Mobb Deep or something.

you must know this already but your blog is a bit slow... I have the patience for it because it intrigues me but maybe turns some visitors away.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
confucius said:
that's really nice isn't it? I have another recording of "Sonatas and Interludes" but it's not as good as this one.
theres another CD of Cage's early piano work ; again I have other recordings of In a Landscape but this is better.