DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgato

I just dont know
if anything they are getting better...

i was thinking about this the other day. what excites me most about mala is that im yet to hear one of his new tracks and have anticipated what he is about to do

from my perspective, however, im sorry to say that i cant say the same about coki's tunes. i think he's capable of very very great things, but i havent been blown away by one of his (other than marijuana for the brief moment before it got killed by over exposure) since haunted. back in the early days though, it was a different story

elgato

I just dont know
Anyone going DMZ in Leeds?

im in two minds... im worried that i'll go and that a lot of it ill not like, and it'll upset me, and that it will be rammed with people who have taken lots of drugs

but then there is guaranteed to be some incredible sets on one of the best systems in the country (although the midrange response is no good AT ALL for ppl like skream)

so im not really sure :slanted: but ill probably end up going

gek-opel

entered apprentice
The thing is DMZ need to get their newer tunes out soon, as they each twist the halfstep thing into new less rigid directions...

@ Elgato: is that Mala set on Barefiles? Can't seem to locate it... I had a listen to that Digital Danger mix, the mental Pinch track with the kind of backward masked fx and kinetic drums is excellent. Can't wait for his album.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
yeh its here, its under crazy d feat. digital mystikz which was probably the problem

i love that pinch mix as a whole, one of the best i know, he has clearly thought hard about his programming, and the mixing is near faultless. i echo your excitement! he has a vision for dubstep (expressed both in his music and through tectonic) which holds massive potential i reckon

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Ive not heard those yet... any mixes with them in you'd point me towards...?

I've not heard the shake out your demons tune outside of the DMZ dance, the one with the big reverb snare is on the Mala Kiss set, at about 35:30

SKREAM, direct from the U.K,
Saturday 28th October @ FU
Auckland, New Zealand

What happened ? He didn't show and word is he didn't clear customs ? Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
The crazy D set is such an important document - think that the DMZ sound, while utterly future-tastic, can be get on top of you a bit over the course of the whole hour of this set... which is why I love it being leavened by things like Disko Wrekka :).

City Cycle = counter part to left leg out innit - wonky dark house stepper. Very good.

bassnation

the abyss
The crazy D set is such an important document - think that the DMZ sound, while utterly future-tastic, can be get on top of you a bit over the course of the whole hour of this set... which is why I love it being leavened by things like Disko Wrekka :).

City Cycle = counter part to left leg out innit - wonky dark house stepper. Very good.

this mix is great, proper roots n future.

anyone know what the track that comes in at 53:10 is? total darkside.

C

captain easychord

i just know people are gonna hate but listening to that kiss set has made me realize how much i dislike crazy d as an mc.

Status
Not open for further replies.