DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubeat

blubeat
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

of course they could run a "donations" thread like they did for the second barefiles server but first they need the site up :)

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Anyone heard the Burial remix of Jamie Woon's version of Wayfaring Stranger?

Hot. That's a link to the original, but the Burial remix is just unbelievable.

If Burial chooses to work with vocalists in the future I hope it goes along these kind of lines...

i'm really used to the burial remix now but that live performance is nuts! :eek:

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
btw did anyone go down to fabric for the dubstep ting?

very much enjoyed myself, though copious amounts of stella probably helped somewhat.

the room got rammed by 1... pretty good vibes though the system was not too great on the low end... still kode9 n plasticman played great sets i thought. was quite amusing in a sort of zoological fashion to see all these different types of drug heads rolling around though... t shirt -less bug eyed d'nb apes being the most common specimen.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
is it me or is the dubstep forum broken? there seems to be some kind of park spam in its place: This domain is parked, pending renewal, or has expired.
Please contact the domain provider with questions.

nomos

Administrator
I'm still getting:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
But I was curious whether something had gone funny on the hosting end so I looked up the domain record...
Updated Date: 29-jan-2007
Creation Date: 26-jan-2006
Expiration Date: 26-jan-2008
Updated today. So it could be that they left the renewal a bit late or there's a change in hosting that's led to a hiccup.

That's my guess anyway.

(Yes I have better things to do which is why I'm procrastinating and looking this stuff up.)

Yes, worringly the Dubstep Forum has dissapeared, even though it was working fine aout 7:00pm GMT. Jamie Woon looks like to be a successful release, they brought the date forward by a week.

on a completely different note, Darkside Sophistication Issue 3 is upline:

It was actually posted 24hrs ago but I'm telling you now. There will probably be an update to the site sometime during the week, around Wednesday-Friday.

This week has a big label showcase looking at Brighton & London based label Clandestine Cultivations: They put on the Red Star Sessions in Camberwell, South London, and the Dubpressure night in Brighton. They've already managed to attract big names like Shackleton & Toastyboy to the imprint.

www.darksidesophistication.com
Dubstep Community Blogging every Monday

Looking for new writers.

gravious

is it me or is the dubstep forum broken?

Yeah, its borked.

Jamie Woon thing sounds interesting, not heard it yet. Any burial stuff is always welcome though.

Just listened to Plastician's BBC show from earlier this month:
Skream - Plastician Special !
and that L Wiz track!

Fuckin ell. Was getting a bit bored with some Skream and Wiz stuff recently, but those are both top...

elgato

I just dont know
yeh that new L-Wiz is massive, didnt rate his 2nd EP really, but thats a bit of a return to form. still wish he'd llow the wobble on the second drop tho :/ did anyone get that mp3 pack he upped on dubstepforum of his old tunes? a couple of really sick bits in there

that Plasticman show is unbelievable, some ridiculous tunes. loving that Joker tune Retro Racer, i swear i read a press release somewhere saying he's like the Neptunes making music for computer games, and thats the truth! such vivid, evocative music, in these crazy plastic worlds. the Terrorhythm release is going to be outrageous, Gully Brook Lane :confused: R2D2 :eek: Retro Racer :D just hope it doesnt get longed out too much, the myspace page seems to suggest there are 2 other 12s to come first?

but yeh ive got a massive amount of time for that new Skream tune, its so good to see him return to melodic form, a lot of his recent ones have been a bit drony, but that ones beautiful

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
is it me or is the dubstep forum broken? there seems to be some kind of park spam in its place: This domain is parked, pending renewal, or has expired.
Please contact the domain provider with questions.

On the park page underneath where it says 'Dubstepforum.com' is the instruction: 'find something interesting'. Perhaps some kind of advice to heavy forum users?

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
more guttabreakz on techno/dubstep crossover; again lots of interesting reading. also kindled memories of flat beat by mr oizo: came out in 1999, brilliant techno tune with that classic dubstep wah, wobble bass on it. today he's in wtih the whole ed banger isntitubes parisian house scene, not really doing anything relevant to dubstep techno crossover, but this tune is ace.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
So 2007: What's going on in dubstep then? 2006 was a superb year, however last DMZ I went to all the best tracks were about a year old (Woebot in his end of yr round up got it right- with the exception of the new Mala tracks the DMZ collective's best tunes are in the past now)... Are there any alternative future routes beyond the minimal crossover, and whatever happened to the 2-step renaissance? And vocals?

Status
Not open for further replies.