Dirty Canvas with The Essentials, Friday 17th February 2006

ambrose

this night was HOT

big up bun-u for making it happen and essentials fro getting the crowd to actually, like, respond

ambrose

were there seriously no other dissensus-ites reppin their ends at this? i assumed that at the least all the geeks at the front dancing away would be from here ;) myself included natch

boomnoise

♫
ambrose - sorry not to have made myself known. i was a geek at the front.

my energy was tapered tho. renegade boys didn't quite cut it for me.

i think the main problem of these night has been that they are so gentrificated that the audience don't really warm up as soon as the artists would like. that's not so much a criticism as a frustration.

ruff squad had impact - renegade boys lacked any kind of chutzpah which left me a bit cold.
i guess it comes down to their bars but purple did himself no favours by leaving the room to mc.

logan's appearance pon decks was barely acknowledged and to the room it seemed that he could have been anyone.

going fwd i think if you can dave, get the bigger names down their and the crowd will be more appreciative..

bun-u

Trumpet Police
boomnoise said:
my energy was tapered tho. renegade boys didn't quite cut it for me.

i think the main problem of these night has been that they are so gentrificated that the audience don't really warm up as soon as the artists would like. that's not so much a criticism as a frustration.

ruff squad had impact - renegade boys lacked any kind of chutzpah which left me a bit cold.
i guess it comes down to their bars but purple did himself no favours by leaving the room to mc.

logan's appearance pon decks was barely acknowledged and to the room it seemed that he could have been anyone.

going fwd i think if you can dave, get the bigger names down their and the crowd will be more appreciative..

good to see you down there again boomnoise and fair comment about the night...still honing the product after a couple of goes a sort of self reflective self review here

the lack of having a whole crew kind of reduced the overall intensity of the night compared to Ruff Sqwad

the audience thing, I think I'm gonna have to accept that the majority of the audience will be ones already familiar with this kind of venue...though I'll keep trying to get more of the traditional grime-heads through the door.

thing is, the artists themselves (Ruff Sqwad, Essentials, Purple and G Double) all commented on how they enjoyed playing to this audience ..."they were all dancing man!"

ambrose

i thought jendor and nu era handled the fact that it was a "difficult" crowd really well, not getting frustrated like purple/g double seemed to be. they seemed to be actually having fun, and had a good spark between em.

it was fun and cheap, so cheers for putting it on. i loved the sign at the bar saying "special offer: 1998 chardonnay £8" or something ;), and when essentials were like "youve been the best crowd ever!" LOL