Little Britain

IdleRich

IdleRich
I lived in Uffington until I was in my early twenties (except for going to uni). I'm afraid that I don't know anyone called Jock off the top of my head and I don't know which house is Baulking Towers (Baulking is a tiny hamlet just outside Uffington). Pretty bad really in a village of about 600 people, sorry about that. I'm sure that someone I know will though.
Fox and Hounds was still there when I drove through the village a couple of weeks ago though of course it's changed hands millions of times over the years.
I'll ask and see if anyone I know knew/knew of an old Scottish guy called Jock.

benjybars

village elder.
IdleRich said:
I lived in Uffington until I was in my early twenties (except for going to uni). I'm afraid that I don't know anyone called Jock off the top of my head and I don't know which house is Baulking Towers (Baulking is a tiny hamlet just outside Uffington). Pretty bad really in a village of about 600 people, sorry about that. I'm sure that someone I know will though.
Fox and Hounds was still there when I drove through the village a couple of weeks ago though of course it's changed hands millions of times over the years.
I'll ask and see if anyone I know knew/knew of an old Scottish guy called Jock.

yeah, the fox and hounds was always run by this dodgy irish ex-jockie called martin for the years that i would go and visit my grandad when i was a kid (88-98ish) but then he left.. also is there a big fat bald guy called 'cuckoo' still around? I know baulking is tiny but my grandad's house was pretty well known and i'd be really interested to know what happened to it cos my family was really upset that the farmer who actually owned it wouldn't sell it to us when my grandad died. any info would be greatly appreciated! p.s. my grandad used to write a kind of local magazine called 'the stirrer' if that's any help..cheers!

IdleRich

IdleRich
(sorry if this is boring for everyone else by the way but here I go again).
I knew Martin when he ran the Fox although I wasn't exactly his biggest fan (a feeling that was probably mutual). The pub has probably never been so successful as when he ran it though so he must have been doing something right.
I know of the Stirrer although I don't think I have actually read it. Was it called the Stanford Stirrer or did I make that up?
Was Baulking Towers in Baulking or in Uffington? Either way I'm sure that I can find out what happened to it. I'll send an email to my parents now as they are still in the area. If that doesn't yield any information then I can try phoning a few friends.

benjybars

village elder.
nah just called 'the stirrer' and was like a local piss take gossip magazine..

but yeah, if you could find out what's happened to his old house (baulking towers) that would be really good..

yeah, martin was basically a really dodgy character i think but i remember my grandad used to get on really well with him (mainly cos he used to drink 15 pints of guiness there every day)

cheers!

petergunn

plywood violin
i think it's pretty fucking unfunny... the gay welsh charector is good for an occasional giggle, but in general, pretty lame... and i have a soft spot for corny english comedies, i watched Are You Being Served every day for years and years... but, Little Britain is just kind of pathetic...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Benjybars, I tried sending you a private message as I worried that going on about Uffington might bore everyone else. If you didn't get it you will have to let me know in the public forum but the gist of it was that BT is in Baulking and still standing.