Sub Rosa - Anthology of Noise & Electronic Music

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
confucius said:
I guess as a post modern shopping mall, however garish or tastelessly presented, these comps may have their uses... I'll grudgingly admit. there are some names that I've never heard (Konrad Boehmer? asse Steen?) , and I guess it would satisfy some curiosity to hear randomly picked 3 minutes from their entire body of work...

I think these things are great for people who want to dip their toe in before they go out and buy a full rack of releases and that I figure is a good thing. I'd be sneaking all sorts on these, must be cool to be able to switch people onto stuff, although where you'd start would be nearly impossible for me...

mms

sometimes
confucius said:
I guess as a post modern shopping mall, however garish or tastelessly presented, these comps may have their uses... I'll grudgingly admit. there are some names that I've never heard (Konrad Boehmer? asse Steen?) , and I guess it would satisfy some curiosity to hear randomly picked 3 minutes from their entire body of work...

well it's an admirable attempt to project continuity, ideas passed into popular culture and back and then to someone else ..and not just create a historical museum culture around electronic music of this kind, ie composed and academic to varying levels, cut off in the past for all to admire..
i think the guy that arranges these does them on a kind of rhizomatic level...
also as an entry point they are fantastic.... esp as the guy also puts out albums by various modern composers etc..