geto.blast

snap on rims
Saw Throat = Sore throat + Doom!

Sore Throat was hillarious because of all the in-scene private jokes and covers.

john eden

male pale and stale
francesco said:
Well, really, the tracks you have are my favorite Scorn tracks and probably the only that you need, sorry.

Damnation.

It's almost enough to make a man want to pick up a guitar himself and do it all PROPERLY. :mad:

Might still check it though. Not opposed to all metal - I quite like some of the Godflesh stuff I heard.

Any other recommendations along these ambient, dubby, dark, post-metal lines are welcome, btw.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
john eden said:
Any other recommendations along these ambient, dubby, dark, post-metal lines are welcome, btw.

loads about (almost 'trendy' at the moment)- check the southern lord website as a starter: sunn o))))), earth, khannate, pelican etc etc

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
matt b said:
loads about (almost 'trendy' at the moment)- check the southern lord website as a starter: sunn o))))), earth, khannate, pelican etc etc

nav_09-over.gif

Jesus Christ! Are you sure?

john eden

male pale and stale
I think I'm going to need one of you good folks to knock me up a CDR, if that's possible?

But let's get one thing straight from the start - I'm not wearing a denim jacket with the arms cut off FOR ANYONE, right?

Can trade, er, something.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
john eden said:
nav_09-over.gif

Jesus Christ! Are you sure?

about the fashionable-ness?- blame isis, who every ageing hardcore kid seems to love.
not a fan personally.

thrones are ace though (but don't fit your needs)

neurosis are a good call

francesco

Minerva Estassi
matt b said:

Yaeh, love a lot of this stuff, but where is the "dub"? Is metal, is ambient, is dark, but isn't dub.
Dub metal always fascinated me, mostly because probably doesn't exist.

John if you like the Ice (alas Kevin Martin) tracks on MDI try Ice first album (under the skin, 1993) which have a couple of great heavy dub metallic tracks, but as a whole is a patchy album. Even more patchy is the second Ice album (Bad Blood), the one with rappers, that is to avoid, unless you find it for 0.10 £!

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
john eden said:
I think I'm going to need one of you good folks to knock me up a CDR, if that's possible?

consider it done- focussing on stuff i've mentioned
might even slap in a free reggae 7"!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
francesco said:
Yaeh, love a lot of this stuff, but where is the "dub"? Is metal, is ambient, is dark, but isn't dub.
Dub metal always fascinated me, mostly because probably doesn't exist.

in my experience, not many metallers like reggae

john eden

male pale and stale
matt b said:
consider it done- focussing on stuff i've mentioned
might even slap in a free reggae 7"!

To sugar the pill? :D

Nice one - will definitely return the favour in some manner.

zhao

there are no accidents
some of it drones on and gets real snoozy (well aware it's supposed to be "entropic" or whatever, but still)

and a lot of the older stuff sounds terribly dated.

but having said that, there is a live album from a few years ago that I like a lot... it has more strange layers on it than most studio albums, with this awesome mid eastern sounding thing happening on a couple of tracks. fuck if I remember what it's called (and taking one look at the gigantic wall of CD's behind me, I give up on finding it for now)

and the new one, Plan B, is decent. got some sub-bass action going on. it's like chopped and screwed dubstep.

john eden

male pale and stale
confucius said:
but having said that, there is a live album from a few years ago that I like a lot...

Is it called "Whine"? I just took a chance on that 2nd hand on amazon for 90p.

geto.blast

snap on rims
francesco said:
Does anybody have a clue why Earache treats so badly is old catalogue, alas the only real interesting thing they have ever released?

First of all Dig ripped off all the original earache bands and i beleive probably still does to this day.

They do keep some stuff on catalog but as Dig said people didn t care about a lot of that stuff back them so why bother now?

"Ask earache" is awesome they don t even censor it!!

http://askearache.blogspot.com/2005/11/bolt-thrower-cash-in-re-issue.html

http://askearache.blogspot.com/2006/01/old-lady-drivers-cd.html

matt b

Indexing all opinion
geto.blast said:
First of all Dig ripped off all the original earache bands and i beleive probably still does to this day.

a nasty piece of work- see 'ruined by idiots' by murder one (or one of the other post iron monkey bands, i can't remember for sure)

re:ultra violence- on no account even ponder making a purchase- truly awful.

zhao

there are no accidents
john eden said:
Is it called "Whine"?

I think that's the one.

now that I'm thinking about it... there was one track from back in the day, early 90s perhaps, built around a piano loop, real alien atmosphere, and creeping moss grows all over as it prgresses... was it called "Silver Rain Fell"? can't remember. that was a good one.