Western Movies

version

Yeah, the DVD was more expensive and some old import that looked like this, so I just bought the Blu-ray instead.

A1hHQHNj4hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

catalog

i've downloaded the shooting AND ride in the whirlwind but have not watched either of them. Inshallah tonight.

DLaurent

Day of Anger is my favourite, a good spaghetti. I'm not into Westerns though, find I struggle to get absorbed in them.

catalog

DLaurent, good to have you back, but I feel I should tell you that you sound a bit like some of the boys we've had around here recently.

catalog

Watched the shooting this afternoon. It's really singular and offbeat, some great bits of dialogue and odd shots, like some super big suns and a great insult flung at malevolent jack Nicholson.

Cool simple story as well, that gets more and more tense.

However, it is a little boring and I fell asleeo a couple of times.

Turns out the whole thing is on youtube

IdleRich

IdleRich
Watched the shooting this afternoon. It's really singular and offbeat, some great bits of dialogue and odd shots, like some super big suns and a great insult flung at malevolent jack Nicholson.

Cool simple story as well, that gets more and more tense.

However, it is a little boring and I fell asleeo a couple of times.

Turns out the whole thing is on youtube

I love The Shooting.... Monte Hellman's best film I think.

DLaurent

I watched Two Lane Blacktop the other night. It's great but much more meandering than what I expected. Similarly I have Vanishing Point lined up to watch but can't quite bring myself to watch it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I would go The Shooting, 2LBT, then Cockfighter. I did like that but I feel it doesn't go so far out into the territory as the first two. I think it's slightly more compromised.

catalog

I'm gonna try ride in the whirlwind next cos I've got it, then might revisit 2 Lane blacktop.

I think with all these, it would help immensely to see them at the cinema, cos he's really good at framing and using sound.

DLaurent

It's the rock and roll soundtrack that puts me off a bit. I think it should be better with a synth one but I haven't watched it yet.