Roll Deep Grimey Vol 1

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Well I got this yesterday and I'm pretty impressed actually. It's a good soldi mix with lots of classics. There's a track missing off the t/l on the back however. What's track no. 15?

gabriel

The Heatwave
dsp13 said:
what the f*ck happened to lady stush anyway? That was such a great track & her vocals were so cute.

she did a dancehall tune last year with sticky on his charleston riddim, that's the only other release i've ever heard of hers. also she was on breezeblock recently MCing with The Bug, so i guess she's doing something with him maybe?

and you can see her live at Heatwave (along with Warrior Queen) on April 21st... :D

boosted

That seems more like a document of the transition of the scene from 2-step to grime. I mean, I like boo, my philosophy, dollar sign etc very much ... but I never would have called them grime when they came out. Obviously, we're missing a few 8-bar tunes to really make it a thorough record of the formative years of grime ... but yeah, should serve as a good primer course.

gumdrops

listening to this cd, its slightly strange that theres so many earlier tracks on it. its great to chart the progression of the scene from the post-garage days to what it is now, but seems a bit surprising to have so many older tracks there before the scene was really called 'grime'. these are more like garage-rap or proto grime... im wondering if maximum and karnage think the old tracks were just better?