Silent Shout

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Ah- you see my problem with Booka Shade is that they're not prog trance enough! (or perhaps, in the wrong way...) I was anticipating a kind of delicate hyper-ergonomic avant-Xpander (as in the much hated Sasha) type stuff, and was disappointed by how flat and dull it was... with the exception of the opening track, which is excellent.

The big difference betwixt Booka and The Knife is that the Knife are clearly a pop/song act, rather than a pure instrumental dance act, and so there's plenty of "content" which works within the bounds of relatively modest pieces.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
The big difference betwixt Booka and The Knife is that the Knife are clearly a pop/song act, rather than a pure instrumental dance act, and so there's plenty of "content" which works within the bounds of relatively modest pieces.

"modest" is precisely the correct word here, hence my problem with the album.

and there's plenty of music to get excited about this year (scott walker, the junior boys, hot chip, carl craig's remixes, battles, perlon, uusitalo, burial....) - there's really no need to overblow these "relatively modest pieces".

Last edited: