The Red Hot Chilli Peppers thread (not much love to be found here)

unperson

has no squid friends
I met Flea at a Fela show in L.A. in 1990. He's a nice guy, sincere about what he does. He comes across like a hippie idiot sometimes (like in that message above) but whatever. I haven't liked one of their records since BSSM - the first half of that one was pretty good, but everything from "Give It Away" to the end of the disc was just crap, the worst example of front-loading a CD I've ever heard, then or since.

I also hold them accountable for substantive changes in crowd make-up at shows. I saw them in 1989, at a free outdoor concert, opening up for Killing Joke, and they were great. This was before Mother's Milk was released, or even a rumor, and the crowd was their early audience - freaks and punks. Then I saw them on the first Mother's Milk tour, and the pit was crowded with dudes with flattop crew cuts in khaki shorts and Duke University baseball caps turned backward over their thick necks, just randomly punching people in the head. I said to myself, "Fuck these guys," and never went back to see them again.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
I almost feel sorry for him now, seeing as he is a devoted fan of such a dead-end team as the Lakers...

actually his blog posts, with proper musical backing (something in the Lynch/Badalamenti vein, say) would make for a good spoken-word album...hell, I'd buy it...

swears

preppy-kei
They just remind me of a really shit rock/student club in Liverpool called The Krazyhouse, I used to go to with my mates for the cheap drinks/relaxed ID policy. Every single they brought out was an addition to the crappy playlist there, so by the end of the night you'd heard all their hits from "Give It Away" onwards about four times each.
TORTURE!

Lichen

Yes. It's appallingly dull. The score-lines ( e.g 64-62) seem to suggest that who got given the ball at the start of the game is bound to win.