Cubillas of Peru takes a couple of free kicks (70s football)

benjybars

village elder.
ok, this is EASILY my favourite ever dissensus thread!! :) :) :)

man, i never realised Hoddle was that good..!

I agree that pure skills are the best thing to watch (although big sweeping team moves are also good too) ronaldinho is disgustingly skillful :cool:

a dissensus football match is a great idea..

idlerich - i'm going to cycle to uffington soon.. just though i'd let you know.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Here's some more Diego, I like the kicking he does 2:50 into this video
and here's the great man set to the Arctic Monkeys .
This is my fav though, Maradona in Napoli - deflated goalies, parades in the streets, it must have been magic to have been around.

And let me slip in a Tony Yeboah classic and this Igor Belanov goal vs Belgium in '86 (goal 25) . A goal I will never forget watching on telly. I love the way he did a floated run in parallell outside the box leaving the defender and then topped it with a shot the reverse top corner. That last site has some Roger Milla (and Platt) as well - http://www.geocities.com/cyugoles/lista12.htm

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
luka said:
'a dissensus football match is a great idea..'
ILM vs Dissensus!!

i can see you as Viera like - snappy tackles and great distribution

kpunk as maverick winger who drifts in and out of matches

padraig as hapless scottish keeper? ;)

luka

with jenks as the elegant, cultured centrefoward whos not afraid to battle for it in the air

jenks

thread death
no, i was just worried you might be suggesting i was a beanpole

very happy to be called elegant!!

I, of course, would want to be hoddle, a man who never headed the ball!!!

jenks

thread death
Le Roi

i must have watched more goals on youtube this weekend than in the whole season - i think i might be o'ding on beauty

benjybars

village elder.
luka said:
the greatest man ever to walk the planet

luka, i had some doubts about you after your grime thread ;) BUT you are obviously a badman cos Le Tissier is without doubt the greatest footballer ever!! He was a proper hero of mine when I was a kid (i got him to sign a poster of himself from shoot magazine when i was about 15. I got it framed.) Have you seen that video called matthew le tissier: unbelievable ?? Probably my favourite video of all time.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"idlerich - i'm going to cycle to uffington soon.. just though i'd let you know"
Cool. As a matter of interest where are you starting from?
I reckon we could get together a five-a-side game.
Something possibly more our level

Le Tissier should have had more caps for sure.