Why are there no good UK metal/hard rock bands anymore..

Violator

Tried 65 days of static? 65daysofstatic.com

Post-punk/metal instrumentals - records good, live amazing - waves of sound

?OmEnS!

Todd on Southern records are really great i think- very heavy and the first album is full of great songs. They are starting to veer more into the Sunn 0))), experimental styles if there new output is anything to go by - there last single VVITCH is pretty droney/ noisy-like but is still great

I also second the recomendation of Gringo Records output - although I think there earlier stuff is much better than what they are putting out now. Reynolds are one of my favourite bands ever and Hiremeka H-fi have so much energy its unnerving!

McClusky are ok aswell if a little derivative at times.

unperson

has no squid friends
I guess I'm the lone dissenter - Jesu do almost nothing for me. Too pretty.

Things I like at present: the Trivium album (reissued with four bonus tracks, one of which is a cover of "Master Of Puppets" that's ass-rapingly great), the new Killing Joke disc (though I've always felt Napalm Death were what I was told KJ were - a screaming fireball of politically- and class-conscious rage), the reissue of Agoraphobic Nosebleed's "PCP Torpedo," the Knut remix album, the new Celtic Frost, the new Cult of Luna...but I guess only one of those is a UK thing, so never mind.