Books you've never got around to finishing

adruu

This Is It
welll...ive read v and gravity's rainbow twice both between long intervals, so i guess i'm super fucking special. =P i got through infinite jest without referring to all of the footnotes. IJest is a really great novel at times, the dialogue between the two kids, the special videotape, wheelchair bound terrorist groups and all...i might crack it open again this summer if i had the time. I remember the AA related chapters were a real borre though.

reader's guilt is a bitch though isnt it? i mean no one really reads , and the people that do read constantly feel like they havent read enough.

benjybars

village elder.
IdleRich said:
I read that quite recently and I can see why you say that you didn't finish it. I definitely found that there was something unengaging about it, I really wanted to like it, I liked the idea and the overall story but it was just so alien and repetitive that it was hard to get into properly. On the other hand it did have something and I think I would like to give his other books a go because there were some good ideas trying to get out.

My dad read My name is Red and was raving about it for weeks. I read 'snow' recently and thought it was fantastic. He's definitely an interesting guy..

http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,,1692857,00.html

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I read 'snow' recently and thought it was fantastic."
I think I'll give that one a go next. The reviewers seemed to prefer that one but I thought MNIR sounded more interesting but I guess I was wrong.

bruno

est malade
adruu said:
i mean no one really reads
it's true, no one reads anymore. no one has time for anything except fucking and staring at moving pictures. i love it when someone posts something more than a paragraph long and the answer is 'i'll read it later, but...', as if they were to go back and actually read it. please.

Last edited: