sultan's elephant

• Thread starter simon silverdollar
  • Start date
S

simon silverdollar

so, who saw this then?
i saw it on sunday and thought it was fantastic. it was quite magical seeing the tusks and trunk slowly come into view as it turned the corner into regents street.
it was also lovely just to be in a huge crowd of people who were in a state of wonder and delight.

if you live in one of the cities where it's off to next, on tour, you've really got to check it out.

Woebot

i saw it (asleep unfortunately) at piccadilly. and we saw the child (asleep) in st james park.

lulu saw it walking around on a school trip!

S

simon silverdollar

i can't imagine how exciting it'd be for kids to see it.

side-note:: i'd heard bad things about the music they played to accompany the elephant's walkabout (didgeridoo's and panpipes were mentioned) but when i saw it was gorgeous, motoric-y dream pop. really appropriate.

luka

i was riding my boke through town, saw a shitload of people milling around, joined them and the big scary girl walked round the corner. only stayed for about 2 minutes, wouldn't have wanted to watch longer than that, but looked good though, i was chatting to one of the security guards, told me it took 5 years to make.

Rambler

Awanturnik
simon silverdollar said:
i can't imagine how exciting it'd be for kids to see it.

side-note:: i'd heard bad things about the music they played to accompany the elephant's walkabout (didgeridoo's and panpipes were mentioned) but when i saw it was gorgeous, motoric-y dream pop. really appropriate.

Saw the last half hour or so of it on Sunday; there were a couple of little kids behind me who got quite scared of this massive elephant bearing down on them, but on the whole it was a very happy place for kids. Thought the music was ace - kinda bagpipe bollywood Kraut. If you can imagine that...