E2 E4

carlos

manos de piedra
jimbackhouse said:
http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/...m=1108&limit=20

just put in an order for that, thanks to the link from blissblogger. sounds amazing!!

i have a vinyl copy of "Con 3" - which also has his son on vocals. very nice LP- pop and noisy moments but with some almost "pastoral" moments (to my ears anyway)

but from the description it sounds like "Conrad & Sohn" is much stranger.

i also have the Berlin Express 12" ("The Russians are Coming") with Conrad, Gregor and Peter Baumann- strange and stiff dance thing- i love the cover:

russians.jpg

Don Rosco

Thanks for all the recommendations folks. I really love this kind of stuff, and it's a hard nut to crack sometimes.

I did a DJing gig last year for the DEAF festival in dublin, it was just an hour set in a swish boozer. I brought along my mp3 doofer, started E2 E4 and sat back and relaxed. Halfway through the bar manager came up to me and said 'You can start now'! He looked a little disappointed when I told him I started a half hour ago.

Violator

Howzabout 'La Dusseldorf' and 'Viva' by same - if Michael Rother appeals, see the direction Klaus Dinger took.

You could do worse than going back to Neu, particularly 'Fur Immer' (on 'Neu' from memory)

Bahn, bahn, bahn auf die autobahn.........

henry s

Street Fighting Man
there's this one-hit wonder from the 90's called Sueno Latino...I've heard that people into E2-E4 would really like them... ;)

polystyle

Traummaschine for you & me

Saw the issue of The Wire with Con's interview , fun to read about his early days of
'how to get out of the group's I joined' .
Have that Con record with him on cover , he worked with Gen Ken Montgomery for some while,
Gen Ken did a Noise music Gallery here for years in '80's & '90's .

For some years now one of the vocalists for Ash Ra T has been living here in Stuyvesant Town ,
if that's Rosi there on A R T's Traummaschine (among others , including a record called 'Rosi' or so)...
Thinking about getting her in if she's up for more spaced tranced tranquil vocals

Funny to see that 'Russians Are Coming' cover , listened to it bk then but never again
Baumann gave me a copy bk in the day
prolly still have it sitting next to the nutty Carlos Peron record

Got email from Konrad Becker last week ! (Monoton's main man)

Through old prog to new prog >

Raw Patrick

As well as the Sueno Latina track that uses E2 E4 as it's basis there are also remixes of/tributes to E2 E4 out there by:

Eye (from the Boredoms)
Lindstrom and Prins Thomas Tribute Mix
Jaywalk Tribute Mix
Paperclip People Basic Reshape
Rovo - Catch and Release (E2 E4)

Mileage varies.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
A mate at work just lent me the E2E4 CD, and I listened to it in one go on the way to werk.

It's really seminal in regards to the whole 'trunce' thing, and I was kinda shocked that is was recorded in 1981, which when you think about it was the BIG year for electronic-pop, I mean that you you had yr Visages' and Ultravoxes and Eurythmics and Human Leagues all burning up the charts, so it didn't seem THAT pioneering in cotext. The flamenco guitar is a bit wanky too, and in places sounds kinda like Popul Vuh with all that elctro-choral kinda stuff..Still when it's good it's fucken great..