Olympics in London

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Mark Edwards's effort looks like some kind of 80s post-punk LP sleeve.

http://www.london2012.com/joinin/create/fullsize/RSBaLA.html

My God, that one's PowerPoint-tastic!

Reminds me of something I made a while ago and stuck up around college (note date):

advertvd9.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Someone on another message board reckoned it looks like Lisa Simpson giving head...

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard people say that already - it must be really obvious to, er, a certain sort of mind.

tryptych

waiting for a time
Logo and super-human atheletes aside, is everyone in broad agreement with Will Self?

I know I am...

Someone on another message board reckoned it looks like Lisa Simpson giving head...

And Lisa would then add that Britain and its body-postpolitic has suddenly become infected with a disease of unknown origin, Post-Political Korrectness: thank you for not smoking, it-looks-like-Leni-Riefenstahl-designed-it, we'll-find-Madeline-in-the-Vatican, let's-scapegoat-another-big-brother-sucker, etc.

And there we witness even George Galloway choosing to preside over the BB-Emily-Execution post-mortem, oblivious to the BB-producer-provoked theatrical histrionics: "'Ya see, if we kick her out just after we show her saying THAT WORD, then its okay to show it! See? ... Aren't we divine!"

STN

sou'wester
Yeah, if you're in London and you look to the east, you'll see a huge plume of black smoke.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Part of the Olympic village site seems to be on fire.

Yeah, I saw the cloud from my office, looked like a volcanic erruption!
It's dissipated now, though (from my POV, a first-floor window in WC1)

STN

sou'wester
I can still see it from Euston Road, apparently it's in an area housing bus depots.

N

nomadologist

Omg. In other fire-related news, they just found out that huge fire that destroyed most of the multi-trillion dollar houses in Malibu was started by a little boy who was outside playing with matches.

They're considering criminal charges. I don't see why, though, because it won't get the houses back.

N

nomadologist

Well, it was a child under age 10. It'll be a complete waste of tax payer's money to try him like an adult even though by law he can only get a certain sentence anyway. No U.S. judge is going to set the precedent that we make kids under 10 serve adult prison sentences...