Middle Class Welcome To The Desert Of The Real

scottdisco

rip this joint please
certainly in England and Wales the most deprived wards are to a big degree concentrated a lot in Merseyside, Manchester and Middlesbrough.

great post matt.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
scottdisco said:
certainly in England and Wales the most deprived wards are to a big degree concentrated a lot in Merseyside, Manchester and Middlesbrough.

it's easy to over-simplify though. obviously there are parts of the 'south' that have high levels of deprivation and parts of the 'north' are hugely wealthy (supposedly Ilkley has the highest number of millionaires per capita, yet less than 10 miles over the moor you enter keighley, parts of which are extremely poor)

this website allows you to check such things by postcode:
http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov...uSbi0LbxeOc3uSc3ySe6fznA5Pp7ftolbGmkTy?bhcp=1

scottdisco

rip this joint please
oh definitely matt, yeah, i should have been clearer.

up north you have Wilmslow and Harrogate and whatnot, after all.

corneilius

Economic Collapse, Post Peak Oil?

Economic Collapse, Post Peak Oil? Mad thought I had, was that is there someone, with other currencies in store, who was borrowing in dollars huge wads of moola, and then engineering a collapse of the dollar, so that the loan could then be repaid in other stronger currency? A cheap loan in effect? Definitely a mad thought ........

However, when it comes to solutions the way forward has been identified and attempted :

Pop. Density ratio london-Havana, Cuba. 1.5/1
Area per person ratio london-Havana, Cuba 2.5/1

Grow yer own food!

Since 1987, when the Russia's subsidy to Cuba came to a halt, the Cubans have built up a bio-dynamic, permaculture based food production system, ranging from window boxes, to gardens, municipal spaces and small farms ...... here's two articles on the siubject, covering the food production side and the community side of things. Havan produces upto 20% of it's food requirements within the city boudaries. 99% of it organic. Safe!

It's a remarkable success story, of people connected to their own food production, growing enough to supplement a wide variety of foods, and sharing the benefits in terms of welfare, health and community spirit.

http://www.cosg.supanet.com/rosset.html

http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/articles/657

Another world is happening!

When any human is in control of and responsible for planting, gathering and producing his/her own food, he/she is free. Without it, undeniably dependent upon whatever system exists..........

swears

preppy-kei
Right, shoot me down if I'm wrong (and I just joined tonight!) here, but aren't the big industrialists sort of fucking themselves over if there is no middle class to actually buy their products?

polystyle

You have a point Swears - but the piggies just may not know what's going on below ...
Cheers and welcome

Definitely hearing a good deal of talk around the apartment complex , and when hanging out about the 'disappearing Middle Class tho ' ...

swears

preppy-kei
Also if there is no more middle class, who will buy all the indie music produced by proles like Oasis, Happy Mondays etc?
;)