CRICKET!! breaking news, gossip, lies, whatever etc..

don_quixote

Trent End
so. tempting fate. but. england have beaten australia, sri lanka and south africa in their last three games. we're gonna win the damn thing.

S

simon silverdollar

going to be an interesting game between NZ and england i think - both teams are more than capable of having a horrific middle order collapse. may be we'll get a double collapse?

and what's happened to scott styris? he was remarkable if only for being the epitome of the deathly pale and ill look that so many NZ cricketers seem to have. most of them look like men you see in pubs drinking neat brandy on their own at midday.

S

simon silverdollar

and there's the collapse. nice to have things back to normal.

S

simon silverdollar

i think collingwood's a really underrated batsman actually...he often gets lumped with the 'workmanlike' tag, but he can be brutally exciting - those deft chips of full-length deliveries over midwicket for six, and his annihilation of anything short and wide when he's in form.

also i don't know the stats, but i bet the percentage of innings when he's top scored for england is the best of any batsman in the team, certainly in one day matches anyway.

viktorvaughn

he's a funny one cos he's never had that panache of you you assume great players must have but if you look at the stats he's made some amazing contributions to england.

crackerjack

listening to the last hour was insane. haven't felt that relieved over a draw since....the first test of the last series

hucks

Your Message Here
Love that line from Swann - We're single handedly keeping test cricket alive.

I like him. At first he struck me as the kind of person who would talk about "chat" and "banter" but he's quite funny really.

On the test - it's amazing how little new there ever is to say about the England test side. KP - fucked without him, but nearly cost us the game. Bell - hopeless walking wicket. Colly - bet your house on him surviving. I'm sure all these comments are in this or the ashes thread somewhere.

Ah yes, here's Don Q on the Ashes thread ( I love this)

but when youve got tossers like pietersen chucking away his wicket and saying he has no regrets and would play the same shot again. it's a test match you cunt. it's a fucking docile nothing pitch and you throw your wicket away like THAT? start doing that on day fucken two when we've got 400 on the board.

i know he top scored etc. etc. but REALLY.

benjybars

village elder.
yeah test match cricket is so, so good. shame most grounds are half-empty.

the last two australia v west indies tests were good aswell. was really hoping windies would pull off an audacious victory in the last test.

jenks

thread death
but no way of seeing it unless you have sky or want to sit in a pub all day. Not even a highlights package on Ch5 as far as i can see - it's not right.

Swann and Broad appear to have been phenomenal - and nice to see us score 500+ with apparent ease.