anyone on last.fm?

polymorphic

Spatt Mendlove
I'm not there or any other one of those sites.
Well quite simply because often I don't want to hear
something "that person x and y listened to and they like Z".

I want to hear something else - the opposite, not this x or y like Z and
therefore you must like A stuff. I want to be taken somewhere else
than some half-decent Scritti Politti soundalike (and I'm talking the Postal Service here).

I would much rather hang out here to be honest and stretch myself a bit -
all those music recommendation sites are about putting us all in little x,y,z boxes
and contrary to K-punks belief I find that the dissensus crew is not about this.

I think your missing the point a bit..

It's not just about finding similar stuff or categorisation, it's about finding new stuff. There's many ways to hear new sounds on last.fm...

http://www.last.fm/user/polymorphic

i find (at least with pandora) that the range of music they have on offer is simply not vast enough. Half the artists i type into the station dont seem to exist to them. Yeah it offers me the chance to listen to music i probably havent heard before, but from such a limited range, most of which im not interested in. I find its got its own "pandora sound", pretty bland, monotonous and unpersonalized. It just hasnt got the music on it to keep me satisfied.

ive never tried last.fm, but pandora pisses me off no end

run_time

Minority stake in Last.fm

Remember seeing some news item that some enterprise had taken a minority stake in Last.fm...can anyone shed some light on this?

jenks

thread death
Just joined as i finally grew tired of pandora's frankly MOR take on everything.

still finding my way round the thing at the moment but this pm it introduced me to more interesting alternatives than pandora's done in an age!