Police Raid in Forest Gate

O

Omaar

Rambler said:
Speech marks here are simply because the word "hurt" is a quotation from the statement.

oh yeah, that's why i included the text from the statement below ""I apologise for the hurt that we may have caused."; sorry if I wasn't very clear. i was just thinking in general quotation marks are often used in a really silly way, in order to allow papers to print a sensational headline when they want to say something controversial without getting into trouble. And often they are left out when they should be included. So you might get a headline saying something ridiculous like "All Germans are 'Nazi sympathizers'", and someone will have said this, but the statement itself funtions in effect as 2 statements: one saying that an unidentified (in the headline istelf) person has claimed that all germans are nazi sympathizers, and another that effectively just states that 'all germans are nazi sympathizers'. Actually I suppose someone could quote me as saying that now.

matt b said:
well, fuck them too.

what domestic tasks do you suggest the army undertake?

Closing off and house to house searching an area where fully automatic firearms have been used or been seen in civilian hands.

Bacon Slicer said:
The police have very shit leadership, and are also being expected to do things that in reality need to be done by the army.

Matt B said:
what domestic tasks do you suggest the army undertake?

Bacon Slicer said:
Closing off and house to house searching an area where fully automatic firearms have been used or been seen in civilian hands.

This was not the case in Forest Gate, no weapons had been seen or used.

bassnation

the abyss
Bacon Slicer said:

this is not routine for the army at all. just because they do it in iraq i don't wish for it to happen here.