DMZ: who's reaching?

tatarsky

Gabba Flamenco Crossover said:
Sorry I'm a producer so I'm into this nerdy stuff. One thing I love about dubstep is that the basslines often run at double time, so people jig about to those little quakes & wobbles. In jungle the drums were running twice as fast as the bass, so dubstep is like's jungles photo-negative.

Yeah, otm. Which is why dubstep makes so much more sense in a club than at home, and why people's first proper experience has an inevitable "Ah! This is how you dance to it! epiphany.

Love the fact that at times, people are mainly dancing to a bass sine-wave.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Gabba Flamenco Crossover said:
They redid the system at the end around 2001 & the new one isnt as good. Word Ive heard is that it's great if it's perfectly set up, but it's not too tolerent of being abused.

The original one was the absolute dogs. Proper lose-your-lunch bass. I used to go to Ganja Kru nights in there that were unbelievably heavy.

Yeah I've heard it better - at the Hardware Aramgeddon launch party in 1999 for example...

mms

sometimes
i didn't go - my girlfriend went with a few people, she said basically she had a brilliant time but that youngsta and n-type seemed to go on forever and were a bit boring halfstep,
loefah and mala were brilliant, the combo of malas uptempo bits and loefahs big heavy slowish ones were really good. she was chuffed there were loads of girls, but she also said the audience was more middle class less racially mixed than previous times she's gone and there were nerdy boys getting in the way, but she seemed very excited when she called me when i was in northern ireland.