DJ Mag Top 50...

hurricane run

All this bleating about kraftwerk. Chic always get a better reaction in a sweaty club. Not sure how many dissonauts actually dance yowsah yowsah

jaxxalude

Ned said:
Meanwhile Alan McGee thinks the single is dead. So people who predominantly enjoy rock music think the single is dead, while people who predominantly enjoy dance music think the album is dead - I wonder why that could be.
Well, from what I've read, I think he meant the single not only in a physical way, but also as a separate identity. What I think he is implying is what most other people have been already implying for some time: we're on the brink of the Age of the Self-Serviced Compilation Album.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
The 50 albums that changed music

From the Guardian (Observer - not sure of the difference)

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,1821230,00.html

Whereas that last list got a whole lot wrong, this one seems to be pretty spot on. I think. I mean, we all can probably complain abouty something on the list, or where it is in the list, that is the nature of top __ lists.

One of my gripes is that, whilethey mention the Sex Pistols twice in other entries (The Stooges and Bowie), there is no entry for the Sex Pistols. Surely they had some sort of inlufence on punk, music, revolution via music, and talentless "musicians" as more enterntainers and personas.