What makes you laugh?

swears

preppy-kei
Y'see, now this is funny. Lists of things people have typed into AOL search, leaked to somethingawful.com.

If you're more of a nerd than most, (and let's face it, you're reading Something Awful) you probably heard that a week or two ago AOL mistakenly released 3 months of logs from its AOL Search engine, and now the logs are all over the place online. AOL has already apologized for the error, but they shouldn't because these are some of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

Before we get down to business, let me explain what's happening in these images. One of our forum goons, xGryph, coded up a nice little search tool to let us easily look through the 2 gigabytes of logs. The big number on the left is an anonymous user ID AOL provided so advertisers or researchers or whoever's looking at the logs can track an individual account's search habits. Next to that is the search term used. The thing after that is obviously the date, and if you see a URL to the right of the date, that's where the user ended up clicking. Happy looking at stuff!

LINK HERE

zhao

there are no accidents
found this bit on a mp3 blog which covers exlusively rare kraut-rock and NDW.

was rolling on ground for great reading funny paragraph:

"Summary: The second album from Scala 3 was released in 1982 and did again nothing in the charts. Also I guess the band didn't play to much concerts. A hell lot of records were released during that period from groups nobody heard of before and after. And a good percentage of these records were just produced for tax reduction reasons which means bands were send to studios to produce records that were not promoted but just paid for so the record companies didn't have to pay too much tax for their incredible record sales of Trio, Hubert Kah, Joachim Witt, Ideal etc. Also I guess Scala 3 smoked a lot during the production otherwise they wouldn't have come up with lyrics like "on top of the world / where no cap stops / comes the iguana / with the opium"."

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Lichen

"Norman Stanley Fletcher, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought by this court, and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual criminal, who accepts arrest as an occupational hazard, and presumably accepts imprisonment in the same casual manner. We therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences — you will go to prison for five years."

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
On a musical tip, i was reading about some guy who used to experiment with hurtful sound frequencies (along the lines of Neubaten, but more of a headcase), and who once succeeded in blowing up a toilet through sound alone.

I respect that man.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
That's what I wanna know - can be jokes, stand-ups, TV series, books, occurrences, websites, whatever.

My current top five:

(1) Peter Cook scripts - "I'm a, err, quality controller, in a leading biscuit factory. It is my job to test biscuits for comestibility, and I do this by biting into them, tasting them for flavour and texture. And if the biscuit is satisfactory, I allow another four million to go by."

genocide of the biscuit, @mixed_biscuits

luka

craner sent me a text this evening reading, and i quote
fingering my bumhole, feels like fireworks. a revelation.