D1 - Give It Back

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
No rhythmic danger = meh, so what? it's got melody and sickly sweet heart-rendering vocals! Not all dubstep has to be dark and bassy and mean does it?.
No, totally, I like the tune, I'd just get a bit bored if all dubstep sounded like this. That's what I mean about it being an indicator of direction rather than the prototype for a new sound - like it's going to get played in between dark mean bassy tunes as a burst of sweetness, and that might lead to some people writing dark bassy mean tunes with bursts of sweetness built in (a Good Thing), but in some ways darkness, bassiness and meanness are going to be there counterbalancing it (and making it that much sweeter). It feels like it's taking a delinerately extreme starting point in the expectation of getting haggled back to somewhere in the middle.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and he just felt like writing something pretty for a change...

nomos

Administrator
it would be interesting paired with Mark One's "Ready for Love" - syrupy chipmunk interlude.