Kasabian

swears

preppy-kei
Sound-wise they sort of remind me of those big-beat meets indie type acts of the late 90s like Regular Fries, Campag Velocet and errm.. some others. This is not a good thing.

Mr H

Also I suspect they are named after one of Charles Manson's disciples Linda Kasabian (can anyone confirm or deny this?) which is sorta kool (with a k) and pretty pleasantly obscure. Their new rekord also has a groovy cover...

Not sure why this is cool or kool?

According to Wikipedia, Kasabian was the getaway driver who took no part in the killings and was given immunity for testifying against the Manson family.

'Actionists, beatniks, hippies and serial killers were all pure libertarians who advanced the rights of the individual against social norms and against what they believed to be the hypocrisy of morality, sentiment, justice and pity. From this point of view, Charles Manson was not some monstrous aberration in the hippie movement but its logical conclusion.' Michel Houellebecq Atomised p.253

its true!

Sound-wise they sort of remind me of those big-beat meets indie type acts of the late 90s like Regular Fries, Campag Velocet and errm.. some others. This is not a good thing.

Campag Velocet! That is such a spot on comparison!