re-enactment of infamous Einstürzende Neubauten gig

newliberia

little maw
Some tima ago I lived with a man in Glasgow who had a fantastic recoed collection. Being young and ignorant of the vinyl arts he often played me tunes that expanded my world including Einstürzende Neubauten....

Saw this today and thought of him:

Performers/artists/musicians (male & female) needed for re-enactment of infamous
Einstürzende Neubauten gig originally performed at the ICA, 3/1/84. Comprising
members of EN and other musicians it was titled Concerto for Voice & Machinery as
the performance was centred around the use of industrial machinery/tools, some
singing, destruction of various raw materials and ultimately, the theatre stage.

Interested artistes should be comfortable with live, on-stage performance,
physical activity as similar tools etc will be used such as cement-mixers,
road-drills and chainsaws and although no traditional musical knowledge and
conventional instrument playing required, a sense of timing and rhythm is
essential. An interest in experimental music/theatre performance would be
beneficial aswell as knowledge of the original performance.

Auditions will take place in October leading towards the re-enactment performance
in Feb 07 at the ICA, London.

For further enquiries, please call Jo Mitchell on 020 8519 5215 or 07726 747939

bruno

est malade
"At a time when media technology has encroached on the live event to a point where few feel live at all, Forsyth and Pollard's project pushes beyond any simple re-presentation of a significant cultural moment to project an alternate testament of reality that examines 'liveness' beyond the limitations of needing to 'be there'. Their critique is less about then than now, reframing contemporary culture and pulling the their own generation into sharp focus.." bla bla...

why don't they just do the thing and shut the fuck up?