william_kent

but I fucking hate Kate Bush, Bjork, and all that stuff, so Newsom is never going to click with me

it's a "timbre" thing

no offence, I'm not knocking your taste

great piece of writing though - keep it up - just I'm locked into a different energy than you, doesn't mean my taste is any better than yours, everyone likes what they like

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Do I think that most people who get the opportunity to be classically trained as harpists, in childhood, come from backgrounds of incredible privilege? Without a doubt.

Do I also think some of history's greatest poets were born into incredibly wealthy families? Without question.

Mate, it's called ribbing! Like I said in page 21-22, I know plenty of black and brown indie fans, I've grown up in a very multiracial city. I do not believe that indie is white supremacist whatsoever, I think it is mostly culturally white but that doesn't equate to racism, if we did that synthpop, european classical would have to be tarred with the same brush, an argument ive never made.

Similarly luke is ribbing you when he calls the beach boys music for pedos.

It's this californian earnestness we want to smack out of you, we want you to understand British sarcasm, the way we express affection through contempt. It might be grooming but that's how this whole country is, given we don't have permission to legally carry guns.

We're trying to change that here, y'see. But when US liberals want to ban guns we start to despair.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
london is a very gay city. People say that for Brighton, but Brighton is nonce central really. What can be more erotic than telling your best mate after 5 pints that you're going to shank him in front of his mum?

sus

Mate, it's called ribbing! Like I said in page 21-22, I know plenty of black and brown indie fans, I've grown up in a very multiracial city. I do not believe that indie is white supremacist whatsoever, I think it is mostly culturally white but that doesn't equate to racism, if we did that synthpop, european classical would have to be tarred with the same brush, an argument ive never made.

Similarly luke is ribbing you when he calls the beach boys music for pedos.

It's this californian earnestness we want to smack out of you, we want you to understand British sarcasm, the way we express affection through contempt. It might be grooming but that's how this whole country is, given we don't have permission to legally carry guns.

We're trying to change that here, y'see. But when US liberals want to ban guns we start to despair.
Instead of protesting or defending I will only give laugh reacts from here on out

sus

harp & strings done properly

Dorothy Ashby - Soul Vibrations

Like a spaceship soaring into cosmos , not like Newsom's twin seater which crashes on takeoff

no incredible privilege on display here
Thank you! This is a very exciting discovery

Know and love Alice, her early 70s is so insanely fecund and fertile

sus

Ok I'll listen more and see if I can come up with a thesis I'm honored you like my Ys takes, many of them have been simmering for years but I never bothered to put them together into a coherent statement of defense

william_kent

Good music writing should make you want to listen to the record being discussed, and you would have done that if I hadn't already had an adverse reaction based on my own prejudices

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Ok I'll listen more and see if I can come up with a thesis I'm honored you like my Ys takes, many of them have been simmering for years but I never bothered to put them together into a coherent statement of defense

you may also enjoy

woops

is not like other people
great piece of writing though - keep it up - just I'm locked into a different energy than you, doesn't mean my taste is any better than yours, everyone likes what they like
bizarre post what's the point of writing about music if not to hammer home the supremacy of your own taste? merry xmas all

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm much, much more non-religious than the liberal degenerated muslims who celebrate christmas. My life is bathed in sin, vice and foulness. Yet I agree with the fundamentalists on this. Stop trying to create a mixed pickle.