Topic 2: Amy Winehouse- Inform The American

Guybrush

Dittohead
"Love Is a Losing Game" is great. That and "Me and Mr Jones (Fuckery)" are my current faves.

That video clip was pretty painful to watch.

gumdrops

the thing missing from this album is that kinda sense of lovely melancholy that was on so many tracks on frank. stuff like take the box, even that song that had the same sample as nas' made you look ("like two ships passing in the night" etc), i would have liked more of that, esp as shes been going on about how crazy her life has been since that album. loves a losing game is the closest to that IMO.

I really don't know how a lady

that 'creates' (or should I say copies) a voice from a vinyl collection is liked so much - who cares about the swearing and drunkeness? where's the originality?

my two pence anyway

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
that 'creates' (or should I say copies) a voice from a vinyl collection is liked so much - who cares about the swearing and drunkeness? where's the originality?

my two pence anyway

Come Tacs, Winehouse is sick. I would marry her in a second, and I intend to.

I will not hear a bad word against this girl.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Winehouse absolutely ROCKS.

Awesome, awesome songs an voice.

VAST character.

Been listening to this album over and over again -all this dribble about "coffee table" is ignorant nonsense.

crackerjack

Winehouse absolutely ROCKS.

Awesome, awesome songs an voice.

VAST character.

Been listening to this album over and over again -all this dribble about "coffee table" is ignorant nonsense.

And, frankly, who gives a monkeys? If the braodsheets and style mags want to adopt someone with real talent then more power to their collective elbows. There are 3 or 4 songs on that LP that send shivers down me every time - a brilliant, brilliant album.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
And, frankly, who gives a monkeys? If the braodsheets and style mags want to adopt someone with real talent then more power to their collective elbows. There are 3 or 4 songs on that LP that send shivers down me every time - a brilliant, brilliant album.

Too right!

:cool:

adruu

This Is It
i dont think she's that bad really. i will have to check the albums now.

joss stone shouldnt even be mentioned...come on, erg...

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I think we're talking cultural appropriation rather than the Milli Vanilli story part 2, are we not...?