Bug & Flowdan - Jah War

gumdrops

it is though!

or at least, i see what the bug does as kinda like what diplo does with the genres he is into. not saying the bug is a cultural tourist like diplo is alleged to be but their approaches are quite similiar. its an outsiders take (nothing wrong with outsiders takes of course) on the genre.

zhao

there are no accidents
this is a very good abum overall, many shades of futuristic darkness

which "album"? are we still talking about the jah war single?

i listened to K Martin's fucked up version of dancehall before i listened to dancehall. really bass ackwards i know.

but speaking of groove or lack there of. Bug would CERTAINLY benefit from the inclusion of more of it. more humanity, more dimensionality. realizing that a lot of the punch comes from the rigid "angularity", i think that aspect can be worked with. just infusing some warmth - no not caribbean sunny day cai pirinea warmth, but a bleak, ominous humanity, like warm blood dripping from your hands.

240px-MarcusGarvey.jpeg

RoyalParchmentScrollBlackSupremacy.jpg

bassnation

the abyss
i like a lot of what the bug does but do find jah war and the newer skeng interesting for the way the beat has a lot of constant movement (or at least seems like it does) unlike a lot of dubstep but at the same time, it seems to mean that groove or 'muscularity' to his beats isnt really there. its sort of like an idm-ish version of dubstep/grime.

the loefah remix fucking rocks in every possible sense tho.