NY Noise 3

polystyle

Wide rangers

Was reading the liner's again this AM and as before am struck by the wide ranging influences presented here ...

Take for example , excerpt from SNATCH's :
'Individually or together they have recorded with almost everyone who was around in the late seventies and eighties:
Cale, Eno, Cunningham, Nyman, Thunders, Sherwood, Thomas, Flood, Lilywhite, County (!),
Matlock, Cook n' Jones to name a few ...
But together as SNATCH, they presented a wide creative bandwidth at odds with the usual simplistic presentation of British Punk, or No Wave, Batcave, Pre-Rave, whatever genre was percolating on the front burner . (by PattiPalladin/Judy Nylon)

Today's daily wide ranging vs. hyper specific , global -local mode is dizzying ,
- each of us has to get up and do it before being snowed under by the next ... new ...next.
When the new wipes away the old , what is really left ?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Today's daily wide ranging vs. hyper specific , global -local mode is dizzying ,
- each of us has to get up and do it before being snowed under by the next ... new ...next.
When the new wipes away the old , what is really left ?

Well as your comp proves, the reaching / searching gems still have force and power for those that want to listen. Even if they are/were not noticed at the time they've had an influence like jagged pebbles in a stagnant pond.

polystyle

All The Young DJ's ...

Thanks Noel
Hope you can enjoy ...

Not that the old has been wiped away jus yet ,
did think there was at least this other layer of good old stuff lying a bit dormant.
How is it that some of these cuts still sound good , if not great ?

I'd gotten fdbk previously from Kode Re: Ike Yard (and can guess he just might be digging the bass on "A Dull Life") and I knew hipsters were looking for "Holland Tunnel Dive" (over here at least) for awhile now (DFA ears perked up).

The vinyl edition is what I hope gets out there to all the DJ's world over ...