Best DJ Premier tracks

gumdrops

http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=6338

new interview with dj premier.
cant say ive been very impressed with anything hes been doing lately. yeah its great hes getting big bucks by working with aguilera but i hate that song (i kinda hate her as well, much prefer her when shes doing big ballads like beautiful, i think she should join the cast of a musical like chicago or something), and more importantly, his recent hip hop stuff has just been premier on auto pilot. its like a pro tools dj premier module. id like to think hes saving his best stuff for when his label is launched next year but i have my doubts...

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Not really

i dug those out of the ego trip book of rap lists. apparently they're "covert" premier productions, but i wouldn't really be the authority to confirm that ;)

That list WAS NOT a list of "covert" DJ Premier productions. Merely a list of his FAVORITE classic underground hip hop joints. Many of them were chosen by himself and Ego Trip for inclusion in some future compilations. Why would he list a bunch of tracks that HE produced as overlooked gems dating back to 1986? He didn't produce "Properties Of The Steel" OR "Sunnyside", either. SMH. One.