The Boredoms

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
the first track (7) on rebore 0 is extremely beautiful.

super roots 7 rocks the party, but goes on for ages and i can't be arsed with it half the time, at least the opening bit on the mekon's riff - once it starts motoriking it's unstoppable.

francesco

Minerva Estassi
WOEBOT said:
so what do people reckon their best ones are?

my personal top 3:

Pop Tatari : the best record of their first phase (chocolate synthetizer and soul discharge come very close) where they were on a hypercinetic buttholesurfer/heavyfunk/nonsensacidnoise/whatthehell? impenetrable trip

Super Roots 6: post rock the way it should always have been. A compilation of various and varied improvisations

Vision Creation Newsun: KrautCrimsonHawkind????? have they see the light?

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
i need those super roots things i was skint when they were out, can u still get them?

i've got about everything else apart from them

Woebot

IMHO that "Seadrum" is just soooooo overrated.

i've now heard "chocolate synthesiser" (a bit formlessly skronky, but at least authentic) "vision creation newsun" (very good, gains momentum, fantastic when you're doing 150kmh down the motorway) "super ar" (pretty excellent)

"seadrum" is the worst thing ive heard of their thus far which is ironic cos its the been the one thats inspired me to check them out. jungle-style "real" drumming is just horrible horrible horrible. play it back to back with bukem's "atlantis" and ltj just outclasses them. approach with caution id say, and dont stump up for the import (ridiculously expensive)

Eric

Mr Moraigero
WOEBOT said:
i've now heard "chocolate synthesiser" (a bit formlessly skronky, but at least authentic) "vision creation newsun" (very good, gains momentum, fantastic when you're doing 150kmh down the motorway) "super ar" (pretty excellent))

well shit, shouldn't have burned you (burnt you?) choclate synthesizer ... it's almost in the mail :)

seadrum is very painful. the "house of sun" part I found slightly better---no embarassment, just boredom.

seahorsegenius

It's just me.
Soul Discharge, to me, is their greatest record, and represents everything great (and spontaneous) about Boredoms. So many sounds on there, they could have made an entire album out of one song.

Soul Discharge - early era
Vision Creation Newsun - now

While the ones before Soul Discharge and Vision Creation Newsun were good, they came into their own with that particular sound witht these. I guess I'm saying it didn't sound so much like an experiment...

Who knows what they'll do next.

D84

My vote is for Pop Tatari. That was the first one I got and it totally baffled and irritated me - in a good way! I was still in high school and just starting on my continuing music trip...

I love the apparent formlessness and sheer impish fun of it. I love all the noisy "irritating" sounds they use - esp. that intro. And it's groovy - sometimes :)

I've been too skint to get the new ones these days (I can't be arsed downloading, sorry).

I got Chocolate Synthesizer when that came out but it didn't really do it for me - a bit too leaden less jumping around etc. hmm.. maybe I should give it more of a chance..

I got a couple of those Super Roots but I wasn't blown away: I probably got the wrong ones though.