my view of the world

P

Parson

there's a lot of controversy surrounding the lizard people

i tend to go with michael tsarion's understanding that the anunaki/nephilim use the serpent as a symbol (because serpent was the same word for knowledge and they were super scientists) and they are often known as serpent people, but they are strictly humanoid and don't look reptilian at all.

zhao

there are no accidents
On a more serious note:

"everybody in my country along with most of western civilization is heavily brainwashed daily by the media and it goes all the way up"

As opposed to Saudi Arabia, Iran, China, North Korea and Burma, where people enjoy a freedom of speech we in the repressive West can only dream of?

have you looked at the front page of any of our national newspapers lately? I wouldn't be surprised if no other country's government is so thoroughly and regularly criticized by its own press!

(illusory) freedom of speech does NOT mean people are not brainwashed. 2 different things entirely.

Guatarri was heavily involved in the free-radio scene in France in 1968; when Deleuze found out he was furious, and posited that "when given the chance to say what ever they want, all the people will do is repeat what the power has told them".

I agree with Deleuze.

the right to criticize the government is another ingenius controlling mechanism -- look, your thoughts are not controled - we even allow you to criticize the government!

we live in times of interiorized, invisible power. from early to late 20th century power has evolved from coercive to that which is everywhere, underlying every artifact, every voice. no black shirts or secret police are necessary when we are our own police - the panoptican is thoroughly instilled in people's minds - we don't need censorship when people all believe the same lies.

the illusion of freedom is the most insideous prison of all. when people THINK they are free, they can be controlled with the ultimate ease.

sorry coming to this a bit late, thus dragging out a comment on page 3 not knowing if similar sentiments have already been expressed... more when time allows.

Last edited:

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
well what exactly can one not do in england today? i can read or listen to whatever i want, walk anyplace i care to, fly off to live in the bahamas if i felt so inclined. .. .

i think i'm pretty free to do as i please...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
ahhh

reinforcements have arrived

Allow me to translate from Parsonese to English: "Ahh, one of my equally paranoid friends has turned up!"

Look, I don't quite know what exactly you guys are getting at, but in this country we have an extremely robust and healthy tradition of DIStrusting the government, mocking authority figures and generally believing that the people who run the whole show counldn't find their own arse with both hands if provided with a detailed diagram. If we really are 'brainwashed' then exactly who is doing the brainwashing? The government, whom most of us consider a laughing stock and have only not voted out yet for lack of a credible opposition?

In what way are my thoughts 'controlled'? In what way am I not free to think whatever I like about anything I like? No doubt your answer will be "well of course, that's what they've PROGAMMED you to think!!!". In that case, I have no answer. It's a consporacy theory, and therefore unfalsifiable, and therefore a lot of toss. You might as well believe we're all stuck in the Matrix (and I would not be at all surprised if some of you lot actually think this, or would at least claim it's some kind of valid metaphor for modern society, maaan...).

There's a lot that I don't know about the world, and I'm fully prepared to admit that, but I think there's very little I'm actively misinformed about. My political views don't align with any major party or ideology, but they're strong views nonetheless and they're based on information from all sorts of sources. I choose these sources based on whether or not I think the people providing them are utter wankers - so while I don't read the Daily Mail, I don't read Alien Abduction Monthly either. And quite frankly, I'm not sure what to make of an accusation of 'brainwashing' from someone who thinks 'contoversy' exists over alien lizard-men.

Having said all that, I expect the pair of you aren't even going to take a minute out from watching Dark Skies or listening to System Of A Down to read this. Ahh, the moral certainty of the conspiracy theorist.

This is Mindless Drone Unit #23-6544-b signing out...

Last edited:
P

Parson

"It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am."

- george washington

Last edited:
P

Parson

"I have heard much of the nefarious, and dangerous plan, and doctrines of the Illuminati"

- george washington

Eric

Mr Moraigero
surely there is a middle way between believing in total freedom and believing in lizard people. I mean come on.

P

Parson

how many people are going to mention lizard people after i've explained the correlation between the "nephilim" and the serpent symbol

mms

sometimes
"I have heard much of the nefarious, and dangerous plan, and doctrines of the Illuminati"

- george washington

quoting someone well known and out of context doesn't make their statement true, it just means they said it.

the nephilim are a biblical myth, unless you completely want to disregard a long time of scientific and historical study, oh you do? ok.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
Do you have some kind of article about nephelim, or just the video? I would read an article but no time to watch the vid ... sorry if that makes me closed-minded :)

zhao

there are no accidents
Look, I don't quite know what exactly you guys are getting at, but in this country we have an extremely robust and healthy tradition of DIStrusting the government. If we really are 'brainwashed' then exactly who is doing the brainwashing? The government, whom most of us consider a laughing stock and have only not voted out yet for lack of a credible opposition?

what I'm getting at is that power has evolved in such a way that allowing dissent in the construction of an illusory freedom has become a much more efficient way of total and complete control - because people no longer question the things in their heads when they think they are masters of their own destiny. we can not point fingers to exactly who is doing the brainwashing because we simply grow up in an environment of lies, accepting them without question to be "natural" and "neutral" truths.

for instance, we grow up investing in a certain definition of happiness inextricably tied to luxury and the possession of material goods. we grow up thinking that enrolling and graduating from one institution after another is the only way to live, at the expense of other modes of being and living. we grow up with a certain construction of "individuality" (which reality probably makes us miserable). we grow up believing in authority, in knowledge which is often based on arbituary systems of knowledge, and false representations of the world we live in, false representations of history, of pre-history, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. we accept lies and falsehood such as "free market" in the context of capitalism, but in reality it is more like serfdom in a world run by lords. and (in America at least) poor whites and blacks are pitted against eachother in the drama of racism and racial conflicts while the predominant dynamic has always been one of classism - the upper class creating friction among the lower classes to distract them from the truth of what is really happening. the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

In what way are my thoughts 'controlled'? In what way am I not free to think whatever I like about anything I like? No doubt your answer will be "well of course, that's what they've PROGAMMED you to think!!!". In that case, I have no answer. It's a consporacy theory, and therefore unfalsifiable, and therefore a lot of toss. You might as well believe we're all stuck in the Matrix (and I would not be at all surprised if some of you lot actually think this, or would at least claim it's some kind of valid metaphor for modern society, maaan...).

no, it is not conspiracy theory. it is ground that many serious historians, thinkers, theorists, and philosophers (Foucault for instance) have dedicated lives and many volumes to explore. and your outright dismissal of and failure to consider our position only demonstrates the depth of omnipresent power and ideology's complete saturation.

who defined ideology as the rules that we follow without knowing that we are following them? was it Zizek?

Having said all that, I expect the pair of you aren't even going to take a minute out from watching Dark Skies or listening to System Of A Down to read this. Ahh, the moral certainty of the conspiracy theorist.

you see, I took some time to read and reply to your comments. as I respect anyone who cares enough to enter a serious discussion. please keep the condescension, mockery, and ridicule for another time and place. thank you.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
surely there is a middle way between believing in total freedom and believing in lizard people. I mean come on.

I never said I believe in total freedom, or even that total freedom is desirable. I mean, I'm not free to go around stealing and raping and killing, and that's a good thing, right? Total freedom would be anarchy, which would be no freedom at all, as the strong would simply set themselves up as mini-dictators over the weak. (I mean, look at a playground full of young kids with no supervision - they have 'freedom' from the influences of a teacher, but how much 'freedom' does the short speccy kid enjoy from the bullies?)

You have to give up some freedoms, by having a police force, legal system and all the other trappings of a civil society, in order to have any freedom at all. It's also interesting to note that American libertarians consider the greatest infringement of their freedom not to be the existence of the police and legal system but taxes and the (admittedly minimal) welfare state, to the point that some of the most extreme libertarians are called 'anarcho-capitalists'. I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this, other than to say that freedom comes in many different flavours, and that I think that in this country we could certainly do a lot worse in terms of balance of freedom.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Total freedom would be anarchy, which would be no freedom at all, as the strong would simply set themselves up as mini-dictators over the weak. (I mean, look at a playground full of young kids with no supervision - they have 'freedom' from the influences of a teacher, but how much 'freedom' does the short speccy kid enjoy from the bullies?)

Are you quite sure that's how human societies would naturally self-organise under different circumstances? Could this not be a product of currently extant psychological control systems and our particular unhealthy social and cultural environments? Children may behave this way but they don't exactly have good examples to look up to really. Human beings evolved as tribal creatures and I think what we have now is a problem of scale; nuclear family = too small, urban centres / nations = way too big. If there is a need for leaders they must be directly accessible and accountable and will hold their positions purely on merit and the will of the people. We just don't have this now that power has been consolidated the way it has. A correct and deeply felt understanding of the synergistic interelatedness and intrinsic value of all people will clearly show that there is no sense in subjugating any person or group.