Space Music

ladyboygrimsby

iueke said:
French Library guys also - did an lp called 'Arpadys'

Ah, that doesn't surprise me. It sounds like a library record. Lot of people hunting for that now, but I don't really understand the fuss.

One great French spacey tune is Love to Fly by Venus Gang. I love that, even if it does rip-off For The Love Of Money.

puretokyo

Mercury Blues
Wrong side of the pond, but Planet Patrol and Jonzun Crew made some superb contributions, especially given that you mentioned Bambaata. Heavy Art Baker/John Robie involvement.

iueke

ladyboygrimsby said:
One great French spacey tune is Love to Fly by Venus Gang. I love that, even if it does rip-off For The Love Of Money.

oh yes - great tune, its by Massiera, he did another lp on the same vibe called 'herman's rocket' with the superb 'space women'

Massiera is worth checking out - other goodies by him:
Maledictus sound
Visitors
Chico Magnetic Band

For any space / robot music you should check www.cbs.nu it seams to be an online radio station thats just a stream of IF's (space invaders are smoking grass etc..) record collection... spent last saturday listening to it and its amazing! also on that site are downloads of his 2 Mixed up in th Hague compilation's which are pretty essential italo space disco robot music mixes!

martin

----
Boney M's "Nightflight to Venus" (1978 or 79) is a really great disco album - sadly, people refuse outright to give it a go - while it's OK to excavate italo-disco, listening to the best black German band ever is a definite NO just because it's 'Boney M'. I'd personally feel more humiliated being caught with a record by Kraftwerk or Malaria. The opening track is lush, whack the bass right up and you'll soon be a convert.