is the American blood is a cheap blood?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I'm net negative on U.S. global meddling, just because it has a track record by now of rarely working. But it wasn't an insane proposition given what happened in the 1940s, given the Cold War. You pay with lives up front to save lives later, e.g. what happened in the World Wars. "5-15 marines a day"—gimme a break kid. WW2 was 30,000 deaths a day for five years.

Where's the lie

Make America great again

4 years

Make America math again

sus

I know the early years of the war, UK was mainly huddling in bunkers praying for the bombing raids to end, but that doesn't mean you can toss 1940 away like it never happened!

sus

That's a great gag. UK baby wa-wa'd for ma-ma while Heinkels burned Londy to the ground. I gotta use it more.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Dec 7th 1941 (ie January 1942) start of direct US military force - one of those factoids, easily dismissed

If you hadn’t got involved, all of these cognitively superior Euro nations would’ve been left to fight amongst themselves and you could’ve hoovered the mess up by tagging some loans in on the deal too

sus

Dec 7th 1941 (ie January 1942) start of direct US military force - one of those factoids, easily dismissed

If you hadn’t got involved, all of these cognitively superior Euro nations would’ve been left to fight amongst themselves and you could’ve hoovered the mess up by tagging some loans in on the deal too
That would've been the best course of action if Britain and France handled their shit. Unfortunately, not a single Allied European country managed to make much of a dent, so of course we had to step in before it was "Nazi Europe" vs the world

sus

Gus is a really bad, undignified name. Spendo and Spendy, great chap, very affable. @catalog started calling me Spendo and I've always respected him more for it

sus

Come on buddy, America is impregnable. Atlantic on the right. Pacific on the left. 3,000 miles of farmland in between. Every ship in the world could load up every military-aged male and they wouldn't even establish a beach-head on North American soil. At worst, we were looking at a tri-polar power situation. And boy, would people love the ol' USA if Nazi Europe and Soviet Asia were our alternatives.

woops

is not like other people
surely there could be nothing cheap about a man who longs to be known by the name spendo.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
That would've been the best course of action if Britain and France handled their shit. Unfortunately, not a single Allied European country managed to make much of a dent, so of course we had to step in before it was "Nazi Europe" vs the world
the russians liberated europe, the americans only came over to make a hollywood movie out of it

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Come on buddy, America is impregnable. Atlantic on the right. Pacific on the left. 3,000 miles of farmland in between. Every ship in the world could load up every military-aged male and they wouldn't even establish a beach-head on North American soil. At worst, we were looking at a tri-polar power situation. And boy, would people love the ol' USA if Nazi Europe and Soviet Asia were our alternatives.
Pah. Real men fight (and win) a land war in Asia.

sus

Y'alls families would be migrants plowing Idaho potato land, we could all meet up for a drink circa Sioux Falls