Grime - Some Information ?

mpc

wasteman
is skream/skreamz the same person? i always see the two names used. is he only 18!?! he's been around for ages.

any info on digital mystikz? they could definitely do an amazing album. conference and changes are 2 of the best tracks ever made.

mms

sometimes
mpc said:
is skream/skreamz the same person? i always see the two names used. is he only 18!?! he's been around for ages.

any info on digital mystikz? they could definitely do an amazing album. conference and changes are 2 of the best tracks ever made.

they've a new 12 out on their label dmz, ,remix of twizup and another track, yep an album would be ace...

loefah has an album out on menta i think it is this year.

kode9 is sorting his out i think and is releasing a guy called burial as the next 12 and that stuff is awesome, kinda pole meets dubstep sort of thing

Big Shot

Just received a couple of white labels, one of which is the Mystikz "Twis Up" which is wicked.

The other is by Big Shot , and it's fucking outstanding. "Armageddon" is really like an Eskibeat track but with more dynamic beats and "Nuclear Waste" is just in the zone...the sort of track I call 'cyberstep'.

Anyone know much about this guy? Seems more like 'Production Grime' than Dubstep. Who's he rollin' with? Where's he from?

S

simon silverdollar

big $hot is from south london. brixton way, i think. he got big over a year ago with his 'stomp riddim', which i think is on that grime mix cd that ministry of sound put out. he was also famous a while back for putting out grime bootlegs of current r n b hits, but i can't remember which ones...

ambrose

big shot has been around for ages, at one popint it felt likehe would release 10 tunes a week. they are a bit boring though, prob sound better in a set. its definately "tracky" sort of stuff, "production grime" insofar as its banged outfor djs i guess, but i kept on buying the 12"s for some reason but dont know what to do with them. there was a realyl annoying interview with him once in deuce i think where he was goign on about how he as really into melody and how most people on the scene couldnt play a tune on a piano, so they were shit and he was making real music now blah blah blah..

some of the tunes were ok, uptown are prob selling them all still, they seem to be about 1.5 yrs behind everyone else ;)

robin

who's the first mc that comes on on the set linked to upthread?
hes a kind of gravelly voice,"get a red shirt like emile heskey" is one of the lines

Kuma

The Konspirator
ukbass said:
why doesnt some one do some interviews like woebot did with logan

most of these guys must be online on email or whatever

Just finished a Kode9 and have a Digital Mystikz link up in the works. Will post a link when they go online..

originaldrum

from start till done
Melchior said:
Pardon? MoS put out a grime mix? what's it like?

yeah it's good man,

cd1 - slimzee and gods gift
cd2 - femme fatale and blive

i rate it higher than the bingo beats cd, personal opinion of course

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
originaldrum said:
yeah it's good man,

cd1 - slimzee and gods gift
cd2 - femme fatale and blive

i rate it higher than the bingo beats cd, personal opinion of course

Cool. What's it called exactly?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
the Streetbeats CD is a great document of the early phaze of grime, when slimzee ruled, when 8bar was still a used term, basically when grime was still monochrome, compared to today's spectrum of colours. it's all gnarly Alias rave tunes and handclapped Youngstar/Musical Mobb tracks.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
mms said:
kode9 is sorting his out i think and is releasing a guy called burial as the next 12 and that stuff is awesome, kinda pole meets dubstep sort of thing
Kode9 is this close.

Spit was great but just a shade too 2d -- even so I'm feelin' it.

Anyone heard a grime / dubstep refix of the red alert rhythm?

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
Kode9 is this close.

Spit was great but just a shade too 2d -- even so I'm feelin' it.

Anyone heard a grime / dubstep refix of the red alert rhythm?

yeah spit is ruff.
this burial stuff is ace, dubstep pitched somewhere between boards of canada and pole to my ears.

orson

mms said:
yeah spit is ruff.
this burial stuff is ace, dubstep pitched somewhere between boards of canada and pole to my ears.

love the kode9 tracks .. reminds me of rhythm + sound w/tikiman ...

appleblim

if u haven't already go and sign up to the new Rinse FM forums....

the site is revamped by Mr Darkside Riddem (check his shows on Rinse), loads of audio gonna be posted, good place to find out what tunes are, and talk to the producers too....

and the stream is supposed to be up and running tonight....we shall see....

apparently the Roll Deep show last week was STUPID...wileys new riddems are just mental apparently....