Grime Recomendations

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Ruff Sqwad have released many many classic tunes, but you should try to get hold of

Anna
Jam Pie
Cuckoo (personal favourite of mine)

You can actually get these on GnR vol 1 but you might be able to track down the vinyl as well on ebay.

Juno still have a fair amount of older grime on their system, as do Chemical records.

nomos

Administrator
Wiley '' Eskimo '' / '' Split It Down The Middle ''
This one's still on their Grime page but not on the ordering page. I've gotten my hopes up that way a few times.

28 Gun Nice Boy

This one's still on their Grime page but not on the ordering page. I've gotten my hopes up that way a few times.

That's annoying but I was down in Lewisham about a month ago and I'm sure I actually saw white label copies on the wall behind the counter...if you can get down there...

viktorvaughn

Ruff Sqwad have released many many classic tunes, but you should try to get hold of

Anna
Jam Pie
Cuckoo (personal favourite of mine)

You can actually get these on GnR vol 1 but you might be able to track down the vinyl as well on ebay.

Juno still have a fair amount of older grime on their system, as do Chemical records.

Tune that gets me every time is Lethal Injection (i have also seen it called 'armour'). Epitome of simple grime instrumental. It has this really evocative eeriness to it....

It's on RSQ004 and has Escobor, Riko and Slicks version of Pied Piper on it

These older gems are only going to get harder to find...i might make more of an effort to get more earlier Wiley, Ruff Sqwad and Jammer bits before it's too late! Creeper and some Wiley bits regularly go for 10£ each on ebay.

Last edited:

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Yeah what's happening with that Ruff Sqwad instrumental Cd? I think i read on the rwd forum that there'll be vinyl releases as well.....

staypuft

bwah bwah
might anyone know if there's a copy of Wiley - Colder (rmx) / Dragon Stout sitting online anywhere? haven't been able to track it down...

Smurfie

ive picked up these so far:

Ruff Sqwad - Misty Cold
Ruff Sqwad - Pied Piper (Remix)
Ruff Sqwad - Underground / Wide Awake
Ruff Sqwad - Tings In Boots
Wiley Kat - Eskimo / Split It Down The Middle
Wiley Kat - New Era