Squat parties?

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
AFAIK, the scene has sorted itself out bit since the dark days of 2007 when I posted the comments above as Dubversion.

I think the ket has died off, being replaced by meph until recently, and that seems to have led to an increase in the energy and general happiness of the vibe. I think crews have also got more careful. Having said that, this is mostly word of mouth - I haven't been to a full on multi-rigger or similar for 2-3 years now...

muser

been to some amazing ones, went to one last year where the place was indoor really nicely done up with sofas and stuff fairly small and personal, they had bands playing aswell including some heavy metal band with an opera singer. Been to a few alright ones in hackney wick which is basically illegal clubs set up, hackney wick is overall pretty grim though. I saw Luke Envoy a few years ago under an underpass, in Watford I think, which was a pretty nice location allthough it doesn't sound it.

I'm not a big fan of the big warehouse parties anymore though unless theirs decent music being played, coming from the southwest and growing up going to raves that are in nice woods or countryside, raving in an industrial estate, alltho not without its charm, can feel a bit lifeless. Especially when all that getting played is bare beats and bass stuff like hardtek, techno, drum and bass, and maybe some of the more commercial modern ragga jungle thats getting made (krinjah etc):rolleyes:.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
We've been playing at a few over the past year or so, it's been nice. One in Bermondsey the other month with a large galleon with sails etc full of punks was nice; it had a strobe-lit skatepark that they'd erected as well. And they paid for our cab to get there, which is unheard of lol.

The multi-riggers are still happening out past Acton and East Ham. I haven't seen any trouble at anything I've been at, but heard some hideous stories of stuff going on around New Cross/Deptford way. Them Blue Boro boys *tuts*. Aside from that, there seems be be a really healthy scene at the moment, and it'll only get bigger with the T*ries in power now. Bring it on!

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
Un bongo hosted one in a Securicor building at the start of the year, usual Gabba/Drillcore in the 2 other rooms, but the ‘tropical’ room was really decent, nice light system, good varied crowd, and some nice varied music too. (Somebodys pitbull running round not on a leesh all night was another highlight)

Wasn’t too many ket-heads in there either which was a good shout. Loads of smokers too, and fit girls. Sure I saw subeena bopping up & down in there at one stage, I was pretty drunk by the time I was due to go on, but it was okay nonetheless..

Im sure unknownsoulja has got some pics of chopped up dough on the floor?

grave

I used to go to them all the time, but haven't been to any since 2004. I think I'd be too scared to now. At one party I was sat on a chair in the middle of the dancefloor, reasonably out of it, and this rottweiler (which had been walking around the rave earlier) came up and started barking in my face.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
I've been a to a couple of epic ones this year. 'Scumtek' which was huge out near Poplar, inside some strange disused quite expensive building and all over some building site. It resounded around the Thames.

Another 'South London Tek' was a big multi rigger, but was in an obscure part of Sydenham so never really got busy. Good selection of music though and no trouble.

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
man squat parties have the worst names! i dont expect a leggings-and-high-heels aesthetic but they could make them sound a bit more appealing - that one Deamonds was talking about was called Bin Invaders lol... cool place tho, loads of massive safe doors on all the rooms and a massive space.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
anyone ever go to Project 142 on Lea Bridge Road? just found out that also got shut down recently..

also, there's a knackered pub in the middle of an industrial estate near greenwich that does occasional parties, seems like quite an ibiza-off-season kinda vibe. the chillout room is a parachute with a fan inside it. couldn't tell you where it was tho cos i arrived and left by magic carpet..

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
also, there's a knackered pub in the middle of an industrial estate near greenwich that does occasional parties, seems like quite an ibiza-off-season kinda vibe. the chillout room is a parachute with a fan inside it. couldn't tell you where it was tho cos i arrived and left by magic carpet..

:)

muser

anyone go to the UK Tek in whales this year, absolutely beautiful location and great vibes. Theirs a stupidly positive news report about in on the BBC whelsh news.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>