Wu Tang

craner

Beast of Burden
Ras Kass Soul on Ice
Smooth da Hustler Once Upon a Time in America

are sort of similar and worth chasing. 'Broken Language' by the latter, in particular, is a forgotten masterpiece.

crackerjack

Ras Kass Soul on Ice
Smooth da Hustler Once Upon a Time in America

are sort of similar and worth chasing. 'Broken Language' by the latter, in particular, is a forgotten masterpiece.

I haven't forgotten it.

"The sneak over and fuck your babysitter"

(not sure what they're doing in a Wu Tang thread tho)

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't know. Similar time. Similar sound. Similar craziness. I was trying to be helpful. Better to buy those than, say, the first Inspectah Deck album.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Huh?

I don't know. Similar time. Similar sound. Similar craziness. I was trying to be helpful. Better to buy those than, say, the first Inspectah Deck album.

Gems from the Inspectah Deck "Uncontrolled Substance" LP:

"Hyperdermix"
"Longevity"
"Femme Fatale"
"Elevation"
"Lovin' U"
"Word On The Street"
"Grand Prix"
"R.E.C. Room"
"Trouble Man"
"Friction"
and the list goes on...

Keep in mind that Deck had to replace a lot of songs/beats that RZA recorded/made specifically for his project (going back to "Lemme At 'Em") were lost in a flood in RZA's basement. I didn't like the second single choice "Show & Prove" and the flood delayed the album and hurt it's impact as well...it was still a dope album IMO.

One.

lissajou

Oh man I totally thought this was going to be the bamabounce thread.. all about the wu-tang slide..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

i'll bet my hair i can wu-tang better than any motherfucker on this board.

i'm just saying...

craner

Beast of Burden
Well I like Inspectah Deck a lot, but that was an underwhelming album, and he deserved better.

What's the general view on Royal Fam? I thought their first album was quite strange.

And what happened to Black Knights of the North Star and the Beggaz? Their tracks on the first Killer Bees comp were AMAZING.

And 'Co-defendant' by Shyheim and Hell Razah still sends shivers up and down my spine. Shyheim was a talented kid, what happened to him? I don't follow these things very closely anymore.

And Smiff-n-Wessun mmm, mmm delicious. What a lovely period that was.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
The stories......

Well I like Inspectah Deck a lot, but that was an underwhelming album, and he deserved better.

What's the general view on Royal Fam? I thought their first album was quite strange.

And what happened to Black Knights of the North Star and the Beggaz? Their tracks on the first Killer Bees comp were AMAZING.

And 'Co-defendant' by Shyheim and Hell Razah still sends shivers up and down my spine. Shyheim was a talented kid, what happened to him? I don't follow these things very closely anymore.

And Smiff-n-Wessun mmm, mmm delicious. What a lovely period that was.

Royal Fam? Dude's been better off solo in my opinion.

Black Knights /North Star have been recording steadily for years (Check http://www.chambermusik.com for proof). They are in disarray now since Doc Doom was killed a week ago.

The Beggaz broke up and were absorbed into Wu-Internationl...some joined The Orphanage, others went solo.

Shyheim went to jail a year after "The Lost Generation"...he was doing a lot of acting on TV ("The Parent 'Hood") and in movies ("Original Gangstas", "In Too Deep"). He caught a case and got cut on his face with a razor...he required plastic surgery and had to go back a few times to correct it. He released his "Manchild" LP after he was released from years in prison with Wu International...his next album was "The Greatest Story Never Told" on Nervous Records and "There She Goes/21st Century Crisis" was the lead single back in 2005...I've never seen a physical copy of the album, though.

One.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
safe for all the replies guys and gals. will check out all recommendations , keep em comin!! How would i go about hearing say the rza rza rza rakeem or old school pre wu gza stuff\//? or as i mentiond the NY radio shows - id kill to hear them especially....

its funny but as aggressive as wu tang music is , i find it so positive and uplifting after rinsing liquid swords i just bust out my house and think fuck it.... i'm getting on with my shit and dont give a f**k about anything! in the best possible sense......:) something about the combination of voice and beat... my thing is dubstep/grime bein in london but i think those scenes are rarely as soulful... as rza says he looks at the voices of the mcs as instruments and crafts the beats to showcase the mc'ing... not the other way round yet one can completely drift off to either or both elements....lovely!

Last edited:

ripley

I already like Wu Tang Clan but can I just say reading this makes me really happy. Maybe it's hearing you speak positively about music from the perspective of *how it makes you feel.*

I feel like I don't hear that much when people here (or many places) talk about music - it's often assessed in more extrinsic terms. I like hearing more specifically how music affects someone, it's cool.

Wu-Tang have

changed my life on multiple occasions...and still continue to do so in many ways

they are an essential part of my upbringing...which is quite weird

yeah Wu are living legends

I haven't got anything else to add in terms of what to cop except I still remember when Wu-Tang Forever (which is so underrated) went to number 1 in the albums chart in england....IN THE FLAMIN' UK?!?!

amazing

zhao

there are no accidents
I have this 5 or 6 CD box set called Wu Bangers. and hard pressed to find a single weak cut on it... but have no idea who put it out, or where the tracks come from.