rolling blogariddims thread

zhao

there are no accidents
OK i will get some shit together for this awesome thing droid started... now to dig up the instructions...

john eden

male pale and stale
Blogariddims 20 / Shwantology : 3

Droid / Slug / DC

Another CD length special to mark our 2Oth episode. Shwantology : 3 is a continuation of the series which featured in our debut cast, and features 80 minutes of ambient, industrial, classical, avant-garde, krautrock, world music, experimental, electronic, drone and various other beatless pieces of music spanning over a century's worth of compositions, all mixed live using 8 sound sources and various effects.

S3_portrait_360.jpg

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Fusion Dub

400px-BitchesBrewGatefold.jpg

Grievous Angel presents Blogariddims 21: fusion dub. A mix of Miles Davis-inspired jazz, funk and soul, in dub.

Track listing:
0:00 Miles Davis: Bitches Brew intro
0:59: Miles Davis: Agharta Prelude Dub
5:06: Miles Davis: Miles Runs the Voodoo Down (Edit)
12:19: Parliament: Dr Funkenstein (Live) (edit)
19:10: Miles Davis: What If
22:44: Curtis Mayfield: Stone Junkie (Live)
28:28: Miles Davis: Billy Preston
33:51: Headhunters: God Made Me Funky (Edit)
39:21: Miles Davis: Black Satin
43:14: Miles Davis: Bitches Brew (Edit)
46:59: Miles Davis: In A Silent Way / Shhh Peaceful (Bill Laswell dub)
54:49: Curtis Mayfield: I Plan To Stay a Believer (Live)
57:30: Miles Davis: It’s About That Time

Bloggage:
http://blog.grievousangel.net/?p=373

Happy Beltane everyone!

john eden

male pale and stale
Soul Jazz will be releasing the England Story mix later in 2007, official style with liner notes and everything.

How great is that?

Very great indeed!

Big up Heatwave!

viktorvaughn

I LOVE the England Story one. Pure enjoyment vibes.

I'm listening to it on phones at work and I just want to crank it up and force every to listen to it and scream 'Don't you have any idea about this rich and varied MC tradition we have in this country you fools!'

Swap the mouse for the mic innit.

STN

sou'wester
Yeah, very very well done Gabriel. I'm going to buy a copy for my cousin in America I think, as a little UK starter pack.

viktorvaughn

That is great! The only thing i don't like is the Riko bars over the phone on the Sov rmx.

And i would have loved to have 'I'm Raving, I'm Raving' (can't remember what the precise title of it? you know the one i mean) on it. Or maybe a Shut Up and Dance tune.

gabriel

The Heatwave
That is great! The only thing i don't like is the Riko bars over the phone on the Sov rmx.

And i would have loved to have 'I'm Raving, I'm Raving' (can't remember what the precise title of it? you know the one i mean) on it. Or maybe a Shut Up and Dance tune.

there'll be a volume 2 at some point, will see what we can do (constrained by having stuff on vinyl, but we'll see)

there'll definitely be some proper riko stuff on the next one as well, not just him down the phone

john eden

male pale and stale
there'll be a volume 2 at some point, will see what we can do (constrained by having stuff on vinyl, but we'll see)

there'll definitely be some proper riko stuff on the next one as well, not just him down the phone

Hit me up for 80s fast chat vinyl if you need to, happy to help.

viktorvaughn

Wicked!

It's my fave bloggariddim of the 10 or so i have listened to so far.