what did you listen to today?

Roxy Music - same old scene, because of the glimmers remix on the fabriclive 31 mix
Joanna Newsom - 'only skin' after reading the Erik Davis article
James Chance - Caravan/It Don't Mean A Thing/Melt Yourself Down

Been bombing up and down the M1 and through NW London listening to that aforementioned Glimmers mix, the M.A.N.D.Y. at the controls mix, Science Faction Dubstep CD (the Science Faction Grime CD may well be the worst 7.99 I've ever spent, but the DJ Clever dubstep mix is pretty good) and the Rough Trade Counterculture 2006 double CD compilation. As ever, it's all about CD2, particularly:

Boom Boom Bap
Metronomy
Bromheads Jacket - Trip To The Golden Arches
and weirdest of all Nagisa Yoko and Justin Simon - Zeni Zeni Hahah. Just remembered I picked up a hitchiker at the Junction 23A filling station just as this came on and I don't think he was very keen.

Ears are feeling pampered and disoriented after dining out on that lot lately.

Last edited:

DJ PIMP

hahahaha.... "schnitzler"

ROMAN SALZGER!!!!!!! "STILL DISCO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOTH THE ORIGINAL AND EXTENDED MIXES, BACK TO BACK!!!! FOLLOWED BY HIS ASTONISHING ANTHEM (in my lounge) "YOU WON'T CHANGE".

LA VIDA LOCA BABY - THATS HOW I'M LIVIN'.

And I'll be damned if his Gasoliner/Lollipop Machine single isn't one mean proper new rave jam.

tht

akstavrh
can't sleep archive

hanatarash // 3 7/10 ?
boredoms // vision creation newsun 9/10 eee!ee!ee

mika vainio // revvity 7/10 :)
va // extreme music from russia 8/10 eugh

messiaen // 20 visions of the infant jesus 10/10 awwwww
bartok // some pedagogical pieces 9/10 plinkyplonk
aphex twin // nannou 9/10 plinkyplink

N

nomadologist

tht, try poulenc, especially if you play piano.

today i'm going to listen to "the fourth world" when i get home. and then probably snap!

gumdrops

i listened to company flows first album today. its got some good tracks that still stand up but it hasnt dated too well. a lot of that 'wack mcs you are shit' type of thing just sounds a bit stupid. and a lot of the beats just sound difficult for the sake of it. el-p's fantastic damage is a 100 times better.

Don Rosco

Arcana - The Last Wave

Tony Williams and Derek Bailey freak the fuck out. I think it might be Tony William's last album? It's nuts.

Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician

Music that makes you go :mad:

Saluki Regicide - Mirage Emigrants (free for download)

Minimalistic electronic noodlings with a hint of hauntology.

And watched Woebot.tv

A good day all in all!

MankyFiver

mouthus/double leopards split

mouthus side is fucking 'a'

sounds all over the place and then slowly tightens into a child bearing groove

zhao

there are no accidents
last night I listened to dubstep for 4 hours straight.

earlier: Eno - Music For Glitterbug

right now: Yussef Lateef - Jazz Around the World.

blubeat

blubeat
between midnight and six am I was mainly listening to roots and steppers @ University of Dub courtesy of Iration, Earthquake and Aba Shanti - can't remember the name of one tune I heard tho! :)

Today I have been playing YT's "Straight Outta Britain" album...

labrat

hot on the heels of love
Messthetics 101 & 102
magical stuff-more in a lineage of english psych/freakbeat than the stooges/ramones influences attibuted to Punk proper.
Its the birth of indiepop/C86/jangle (This is a good thing BTW)
My pick would be Existence-I'm Glad

zhao

there are no accidents
the day after: requires sparse and meditative sounds capable of efficiently insulating me from the office environment. preferrably something with duration, so that I don't have to make new dicisions every 40 minutes. ideally it would be something that keeps me interested as well as almost make me forget that I'm listening to music, and at the same time allow me to shut off the outside world.

solution: Morty Feldman.

glad I have over 24 hours worth in the pod :)