Trim - Soulfood

john eden

male pale and stale
yeah it lacks depth compared to the others but it still has its moments.

I like the "thing he has in his trousers" (no homo, lol).

But it does feel a bit rushed maybe, as has been said.

STN

sou'wester
I have now listened to Soul Food 4, and I like it. The beats are good, some of the rhyming seems a bit limp, but it was still an interesting listen. Disc 2 on the way home tonight...

gumdrops

is he def doing an album then? cos i thought he was bowing out of the scene after the mix cds.... i wish someone like big dada would sign trim. i think hes seriously got the potential to be something like grimes roots manuva.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

is he def doing an album then? cos i thought he was bowing out of the scene after the mix cds.... i wish someone like big dada would sign trim. i think hes seriously got the potential to be something like grimes roots manuva.

I remember him saying he was doing an album after the mixtpaes yeah.

Totally agree with the Big Dadda comment (i think we discussed this before even!?) he is the one grime MC MF Doom fanboys could get into and roots manuva is a good point of reference for the wordplay too.

gumdrops

yeah we prob discussed it earlier in this thread, but it still hasnt happened and in the meantime big dada have signed a load of so-so talents instead. :mad:

mos dan

fact music
yeah we prob discussed it earlier in this thread, but it still hasnt happened and in the meantime big dada have signed a load of so-so talents instead. :mad:

i've spoken to someone from big dada about this before and i'm pretty sure they disagree with us on this one :(

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I recall Trim saying he was going to do a fixed amount of Soulfoods (I forget exactly how many) and if by then he had not received a record deal he was going to back out of the game.

This is the last one. Album next.

We actually want to get him to feature on the Cathouse project but it's proving difficult to get in touch. Doesn't help that we're fucking nobodies either.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
yeah i think the idea that soulfoods 2-10 were poor is bollocks. most grime mixtapes are patchy, they are far less patchy than most.

Benny Bunter

Hey, I'm not dissing all the other soulfoods! I haven't got access to my cds anymore but I seem to remember really liking vol 3 a lot, the one with 'The low dan' and 'Inside looking out' i think? Volume 2 was definitely a letdown after the first one though.

Never heard Ghostwriter vs autotune, maybe i'll check it out. I stopped buying Trim CDs after Monkey features 1. Still love him though.