Dizzee Rascal- Maths and English

tox

Factory Girl
big up Heat!

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I really like the reviews section of Heat. It's just brutally honest about things. Their Dizzee review is on the money.

Every so often they throw up a few surprises, like a foreign film getting a big review feature. All the while in a magazine which generally just focuses on "the worst celebrity sweat patches" and "bikini shockers!"

gumdrops

im going to start buying heat.

alot of the time, non music mags are more honest just cos its not their bread and butter so it doesnt matter if they offend such and such at a label or whatever.

gumdrops

dizzee was just on with the arctic monkeys doing temptation is your naughty friend at glastonbury... wasnt sure if he would actually come on but lo and behold, he did. not bad. kinda exciting to see him there, even if it did bring back bad memories of emf, and other assorted rap/rock collabos. not sure what the crowd made of it but they did a little dizzeee dizzeee chant after he left the stage that alex turner started.

tom pr

The best review i've seen of this so far is this week's Heat magazine... seriously. The review goes on about how the album sorely lacks his old 'lower than lohan' basslines and is just generally bland and not grimey enough!!
I read that too; thought it was a superb review. It was my friend's little sister's copy though, honest!

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
So, is it safe to say this album (Maths & English) bombed?

Just three weeks on the album chart, this being its last (being at number 38).. peaked at number 27..

even hank marvin reached number six..

It got to number seven first week. I think it could bounce back in dependent on the second single, Sirens wasn't up to much as far as promotion's concerned.

hucks

Your Message Here
On the Radio 1 website, they list "Old Skool" as being one of their "upfront" plays. Which I take to mean Pussyole.

And I don't get it. If they've had to change the name of the track, presumaby 'cos it's a rude word, what are they going to do to the chorus? It'll just be a load of bleeps.

I seem to recall an interview with Dizzee saying he'd made a video for Where Da Gs, too, so that might be the next one up.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Pussyhole is the worst single choice since leading off Playtime Is Over with 50/50 aka 'Any Old Tunnel Vision Intro'.

Although there are surprisingly few standout single choices on M&E. Wannabe however, I believe should be banned under the Geneva Convention.

gumdrops

what? theres loads (well, three) of potential singles on M&E. flex, wannabe, maybe even da feelin (can see that geting major daytime kiss fm play).

50/50 was boring cos it sounds like wiley was trying too hard to make an anthem. and cos it was just about how much money hes making.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Anthems don't have spoken word choruses with no structure.... they have hooks.

And while I can see Da Feelin doing ok, I cano get over what a tame, middle of the road, paint by numbers Shy FX beat it is. Flex on the other hand is far too obscure for today's daytime radio for that ever to be a top 10 record. I can't really hear any top 10 records on that album other than Wannabe.

swears

preppy-kei
I was at a bar last Saturday and the DJ played Wannabe, these two girls by me had these puzzled faces as they tried to place the sample...then they both looked at each other, shouted "Bugsy Malone!" and started doing a little hand jive thing.

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
apologies - the 27 figure i got was actually 'last weeks position', not 'peak position'..

it peaked at number 7 (according to wikipedia).