Stephan Bodzin - "Liebe Ist"

polystyle

Right, we were talking about his Tokyo trip ,
wonder which club he's at ?
His lady was with , and she's staying on for a couple weeks.
Was describing the possible initial overwelming -ness of Tokyo and will be trying to help them
there.

And re: the lemur perf, he didn't have that at this show ,
but there was some amount of mugging it up.
The tunes were pretty great , five from his producer friend whose name I didn't really catch.
It all seemed a move on sonic - wise from what's on his Myspace,
So all was fresh to der ears ...
People were going nuts

He mentioned that Romboy was coming over to NYC soon too ...

DJ PIMP

I am SO looking forward to it. It'll be my first night out in Tokyo and Bodzin is pretty much my fave producer at the mo = internal combustion?

Arrived in Tokyo almost 2 weeks ago now. You can get by with no/little Japanese and pointing at menus etc, but it is a bit embarrassing. Once you get a handle on the train system you're away.

The party is at Seco in Shibuya:
http://www.cafecompany.co.jp/ourcafe/sus.html

redcrescent

He should have a blast as his tour moves onto Mexico
Caught the tail end of his set on Saturday night/Sunday morn here in Monterrey, the sound did him no favors but even at modest volumes it was ravey bliss. Awesome. I wonder what he'd sound like on a big rig though, playing to 5000 instead of 50 people.
Saw him last December in Portugal, real murderation. People cheering every single crossfade!

DJ PIMP

Heard him play in Tokyo a couple of weeks back. Dunno if it was him or me or whatever, but based on his music I was expecting a bit more. He played a relatively tame, linear, tracky type set. A couple of wee humps. My fave bit was the first 20-30 minutes where the tunes had a more up, house type feel to the beats. I like his style a lot, obviously, but not on it's own...

Gushed at him in dorky fashion before he played; said my fave track of his right now was maybe Callisto or Pendulum... he seemed a bit glum, "oh Pendulum, standard dark feeling music, yes?". Haha.