So, Julian Cope is going to publish this new book called “Japrocksampler” and…

vimothy

yurp
*ahem*

I'll remove the link if there are any objections ... Some good stuff on there though. My advice --> download everything.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
The J.A. Caeser stuff still eludes me... Actually I really don't like downloading stuff, I've bought a fair few of these, but some of those records are hard to get hold of.

vimothy

yurp
The J.A. Caeser stuff still eludes me... Actually I really don't like downloading stuff, I've bought a fair few of these, but some of those records are hard to get hold of.

I don't get the whole anti-downloading thing. Since it would be pretty much impossible for me to spend more of my money on music, I don't feel guilty at all ...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I don't get the whole anti-downloading thing. Since it would be pretty much impossible for me to spend more of my money on music, I don't feel guilty at all ...

A question that's been exercising me of late...particularly in relation to the question of whether most artists make more (per unit) from gig tickets than CD sales...they must do, right?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
No guilt. Just helps me limit and appreciate stuff more. Especially with all this rapidshare action it's possible to get totally overloaded. I like having to find the records I really like. Don't mind checking things out on mp3 though, it's handy for that. I still like digging in crates and car boots. Even chasing stuff on ebay is more satisfying.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
First result out of google.

"I was really surprised to find out that this experimental fuzz guitar masterpiece was created by a group of Japanese guys. I was envisioning Apryl Fool as a group of long-haired British blokes with a predilection for playing the down and dirty blues at the local watering holes. This is the only album Apryl Fool ever made as far as I know. Sessions for this album went down in 1969 and it was eventually reissued in 2002 as a Japanese import. It's sound ranges from psychedelic guitar-freakouts with cathartic noise interludes to trippy classic rock with lots of piano and organ. The energetic opener "Tomorrows Child" busts out the gates with a dynamic guitar riff that segueways into a mellow verse before an explosive fuzz guitar solo really gets the track cookin'. "Another Time" is a slow blues with affecting vocals and stirring piano solos while "April Blues" sounds like 60's fuzz-rock mixed with Vince Guaraldi's Peanut's Theme in a faux live club. Menacing, funereal organs and heavily phased vocals are the main ingredients on the standout epic "The Lost Mother Land Pt.1" which shows that the band desired to experiment beyond the conventional styles of classic rock and blues. Overall, this is a truly original and creative late 60's psychedelic nugget that should not be passed up."

http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com/2007/04/variety-is-spice-of-life.html

I ordered the reissue, there was an original on ebay but he was starting it at $1500, don't think there were any bids.

vimothy

yurp
No guilt. Just helps me limit and appreciate stuff more. Especially with all this rapidshare action it's possible to get totally overloaded. I like having to find the stuff I really like. Don't mind checking out stuff on mp3 though, it's handy for that. I still like digging in crates and car boots.

Agree with that absolutely -- it's impossible to listen to everything you have access to, but downloads certainly make it easier to find out out what you want to listen to.

mms

sometimes
A question that's been exercising me of late...particularly in relation to the question of whether most artists make more (per unit) from gig tickets than CD sales...they must do, right?

no not at all - often it costs bands to tour if the bands are fairly small, they make a loss on touring - lots of artists initially have money set aside for tour support in their advances to cover this