zhao

there are no accidents
thats what makes it even worse! to me, it is absolutely impossible to think that statement could convey what is intended to. just think about it logically, if you COULD care less that implies you actually do care, which is obviously not the meaning intended in the context its used.

well of course if i THINK about it! it's just something that you hear all the time and never crossed my mind to examine.

viktorvaughn

agreed but i love using "dessicated" instead.
also i enjoy saying "ezackly" instead of exactly even though I am quite capable getting it right.

It's all about saying ezackly and becoming Tim Westwood for half a second.
--------
people who don't take painkillers even when they are in pain cos of some strange misguided principle.

Clip on earings - just go under the drill motherfuckers!

Those studded belts with the studs spelling out 'Jesus Rocks'. It's like taste never happened.

People who think 'subtitled' is a film genre in itself.

People who don't like eating meat or fish on the bone cos it 'reminds them of eating an animal'.

Fussy eaters.

People who's main interest/pastime is cars and/or motorbikes.

People who wear stupid matching burton shirt/tie combos all week long but then at the weekends don hooded tops with flames up the arms made by 'extreme sports'/motorbike brands cos it demonstrates they are really a bit wild at heart.

'Ethnic snacks' in supermarkets.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
girls who initiate the flirting and then when you ask them out play all hard to get. god i'm glad i'm not in LA anymore...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
girls who initiate the flirting and then when you ask them out play all hard to get. god i'm glad i'm not in LA anymore...

Go on, use the word 'prick-tease' - nomadologist'll be all over you in a second. ;)

swears

preppy-kei

Yeah, but some people just flirt with everyone whether they mean to or not.
It's like a habit.

martin

----
Girls that assume you fancy them when you couldn't care less.
Need to get over themselves.

Why does it bother you? Just curious, not having a go. If you couldn't care less why would you worry about what vibe they send out?

You probably know this anyway, but if you deliberately blank a girl she'll assume you fancy her

swears

preppy-kei
Just arrogant people on the whole piss me off. I know there are a lot of men who fancy themselves too, btw.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Why does it bother you? Just curious, not having a go. If you couldn't care less why would you worry about what vibe they send out?

Because it's a sign of arrogance and arrogance is generally an annoying trait in people.

martin

----
I hate 'shit food braggarts'. Mike Oldfield reckoned he was so skint recording 'Tubular Bells', he had to eat dog food. Dog food's more expensive than milk, bread and baked beans combined, so he obviously enjoyed Pal, it certainly wasn't his only option. He could have eaten satsumas, the big 'look at me' liar.

And whenever people try and defend working class obesity by saying, "That's such a middle class attitude, these people are so poor they can't buy healthy food". EH? Have you seen how much fried chicken and kebabs cost? So basically, working class people can't cook - what a load of toss.

martin

----
Just arrogant people on the whole piss me off. I know there are a lot of men who fancy themselves too, btw.

MR TEA ADDED (how do you do multiple quotes here?) -" Because it's a sign of arrogance and arrogance is generally an annoying trait in people."

Fair enough. They are cunts.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And whenever people try and defend working class obesity by saying, "That's such a middle class attitude, these people are so poor they can't buy healthy food". EH? Have you seen how much fried chicken and kebabs cost? So basically, working class people can't cook - what a load of toss.

AAARGGGHHH, fucking HELL this one pisses me off. A few months back Janet Shtrait-Powter was writing in the Liberal Mail, sorry, Independent (I found a copy on the train, OK?) in which she basically said "If you eat nice food it's because you despise poor people". Stupid fucking cow, she was talking about the mother of that 'fattest kid in Britain' who was on TV a while ago and ranting that "she can't afford punnets of organic kiwi fruit or £3 boxes of pomegranite seeds from M&S (this is actually the example she used) like wot middle class people can", so her only option was to continue feeding her obese progeny crisps, chips and chocolate bars. Obviously she's never heard of potatoes, apples or bananas.

Also, the use of 'middle class' as a thinly veiled (or not even veiled at all) perjorative. If there's one thing that's worse than snobbery, it's affected inverse snobbery.

Edit:
MR TEA ADDED (how do you do multiple quotes here?)
I wish I knew - anyone able to help us out?

Last edited:

martin

----
Also, the use of 'middle class' as a thinly veiled (or not even veiled at all) perjorative. If there's one thing that's worse than snobbery, it's affected inverse snobbery.

Talking of pointless perjoratives, I was going to say that one of the worst ever is 'fascist'. But then I thought about schoolteachers catching kids smoking and making them take their earrings out / hijabs off, and the kids sig heiling behind their backs and mouthing 'Fascist!', and it doesn't seem half as annoying.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Talking of pointless perjoratives, I was going to say that one of the worst ever is 'fascist'. But then I thought about schoolteachers catching kids smoking and making them take their earrings out / hijabs off, and the kids sig heiling behind their backs and mouthing 'Fascist!', and it doesn't seem half as annoying.

I think that would deserve a 1,000-word essay, under detention conditions, on the crimes of Mussolini, Franco and Hitler.

/spoilsport

STN

sou'wester
I hate it when I send someone an email at work and accidentally put a date in the past, say, '5th May' instead of '5th June' when asking for something and they reply 'Have you got a time machine?'. Well obviously not, because if I did then as soon as they'd alerted me to my mistake, I'd have gone back in time and changed my email before sending it and they'd never have got the erroneous email in the first place. The simple fact that they've recieved it at all should be sufficient indication that I do not, in fact, have a time machine. Fools.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My dad's habit, whenever we were having dinner and I'd accidentally bitten my tongue or the inside of my cheek (not that regular an occurrence, but we've all done it, right?) of saying "Heh, you must be hungry. ARF!".
I'd generally be in too much pain to come back with a suitably witty rejoinder, such as "FUCKING FUNNY CUNT, AREN'TCHA?"