4linehaiku

Repetitive
Yeah that sounds pretty intense. Nothing quite as exciting here unfortunately.
I accidentally signed up for a fairly hardcore statistics course (it had a deceptive name) after successfully avoiding maths for the last 3 years. Most of the people doing it are all final year maths + computer science students and I can barely remember how to multiply out a fucking bracket. It's hugely depressing and I will be lucky to get 10%.

Good luck to you also.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
fucking gold fish. swallowing a piece of food only to spit it out again. and swallow again, and spit out again.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?! IT'S FOOD!! IT'S GOOD!!! FUCKING EAT IT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I saw a crow eating human sick off the pavement yesterday.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Most of the people doing it are all final year maths + computer science students and I can barely remember how to multiply out a fucking bracket. It's hugely depressing and I will be lucky to get 10%.

don't worry, you're not alone. this is exactly how I felt in calculus - I was pretty good at math in high school, but it had been like 7 years since I cracked a math book. it was a brutal slog but I did manage to quasi-miraculously pull out a B, so don't give up hope. nose to the grindstone & don't be ashamed to ask for help, that's the ticket.

a cordial return on your best luck offering.

grizzleb

Good luck to everyone doing exams - that maths/statistics shit sounds intense. I've got three more exams to go, but they're nothing near as crazy as that. Maths is a killer. Never my strong suit.
As usual, when you don't give a fuck you cruise it - when it means something you wake up every morning a week prior covered in cold sweat, having had a night of nightmares about abstract concepts.

BareBones

wheezy
recently had a new guy move into our house and he is a serious weapons-grade douchebag. obnoxious, arrogant, never shuts up about himself, laughs at only his own jokes but takes himself completely seriously, continually bores you to tears with his painfully unfunny stories about the 'banter' he has with his workmates: it's unbearable. i'm going to be obnoxious and kind of snobby myself and list some superficial things about him that really piss me off:

- listens to appalling UK hip-hop, and actually mimes scratching when he listens to it
- has a terribly moody-looking, 'arty' black & white facebook profile pic
- the name of his company/website is an terrible pun on his surname
- actually talks about weed and getting stoned for like an hour at a time
- actually says things like 'my amp would shit all over your amp'
- generally starts off most sentences with "got SO wasted last night"
- wears bucket hats

john eden

male pale and stale
recently had a new guy move into our house and he is a serious weapons-grade douchebag. obnoxious, arrogant, never shuts up about himself, laughs at only his own jokes but takes himself completely seriously, continually bores you to tears with his painfully unfunny stories about the 'banter' he has with his workmates: it's unbearable. i'm going to be obnoxious and kind of snobby myself and list some superficial things about him that really piss me off:

- listens to appalling UK hip-hop, and actually mimes scratching when he listens to it
- has a terribly moody-looking, 'arty' black & white facebook profile pic
- the name of his company/website is an terrible pun on his surname
- actually talks about weed and getting stoned for like an hour at a time
- actually says things like 'my amp would shit all over your amp'
- generally starts off most sentences with "got SO wasted last night"
- wears bucket hats

Christ I'm glad I don't have to share my house with randoms any more. It's bad enough having to deal with idiots at work. :eek:

STN

sou'wester
Oh, I used to sport one of those, because I thought it made me look like some sort of 80s b-boy, when of course it made me look like a cross between an indie-kid and a jovial cherryade-drinking nature-lover. I was cured of this when I turned up at my mate's house wearing it and he looked up and quietly said 'that hat's a piece of shit' before looking back down at his newspaper.

BareBones

wheezy
didn't have a choice - room needed to be filled, landlady filled it. if i could've imagined my ultimate worst-case-scenario flatmate it would basically be a perfect description of this guy. luckily i live with some mates as well, but he insists on hanging out with us at all times and just NEVER SHUTS UP. He wants to set his decks up ON OUR ROOF, so that he can SCRATCH up there. He keeps showing us these 'amazing' records he owns, eg one was a 'talkin loud classics' reissue, which he boasted was a first press. A first press of a 'classics' reissue.

BareBones

wheezy
oh god - and he also boasted about how superior his own personal badminton racket (!!!) is compared to the pair we got from the 99p shop.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
He sounds like Nathan Barley, only less cool.

Wait till he's out then sneak into his room and put some itching powder in his underpants. Then you'll see some real scratching...

john eden

male pale and stale
he may just be over compensating and trying to impress you?

otherwise a protracted pisstaking campaign seems in order to try and lighten him the fuck up.

BareBones

wheezy
he may just be over compensating and trying to impress you?

this was one of our first reactions as well, and we've already been through the kind of guilty feelings of maybe we're being too harsh and cliquey and snobbish etc, but no, we're now two weeks in and it seems he really is that annoying. I mean he clearly IS trying to impress us, but not out of some fairly sweet and normal insecurities about living with a bunch of new people - it's like he thinks he's "the cool one" and he's trying to educate all us nerds, or something.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
otherwise a protracted pisstaking campaign seems in order to try and lighten him the fuck up.

Great suggestion in principal, but if I know anything about this type he'll just see himself as the 'carefree', 'fun-loving' one and view anyone who doesn't get his 'humour' and share his love of skunk and scratching as 'uptight' and in need of 'chilling out'.

I agree with the pisstaking campaign but suggest that a better conclusion would be for him to just move out, by the sound of it. BB, I'm guessing this guy is at least in his mid/late '20s? It's probably too late for someone who's that much of a wanker at that age to ever be anything but, sadly.

Last edited: