Todd Terry

borderpolice

as for todd terry productions, i like his underground mix of "watcher's point of view"

That's an ace remix (well, i have the "hardhouse remix, probably the same thing). took me 14 years to track down after i had heard it at soundshaft underneath charing cross station in the summer of 1992. Doesn't leave much of the original intact, good thing too!

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Bump!

cos woebots new book has that wonderful todd terry breakout, and I think Jackin has some of Todd's spirit in it maybe.

datwun

Bump!

cos woebots new book has that wonderful todd terry breakout, and I think Jackin has some of Todd's spirit in it maybe.

Do you know where I could find a good all Todd mix? You've piqued my interest and the one upthread's down..

wise

bare BARE BONES
Todd invented hardcore and the Basement Jaxx, he arranged Jungle Brothers - I'll House You sampled in numerous classic hardcore tunes and even released a D&B album in 1999.
I'm sure in interviews at that time he laid claim to pretty much inventing the nuum.

wise

bare BARE BONES
"The "Todd Terry Drums" are one of the most recognizable and most sampled drum loops in the history of House Music. What was the first song to use them? How do you feel about everyone sampling them?
The first of those patterns was "A Day In The Life." It was already a Housey pattern, and then I used it on "Party People". I didn't write it myself - I stole the pattern from some Chicago guys. I stole it from people and then people stole it from me - nothing I can say about that!"

the true spirit of rave in a nutshell :D

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Fyi woebot, better not put a track list on mixcloud cos it gets blocked in America if you have 3 tracks from the same artist

trza

I was thinking of going on a vacation later this month to see Todd terry in the Boiler Room event in Recife but I couldn't get my schedule to match up. I will probably go in March instead when everything is cheaper and the crowds are home but no "todd the god" dj set.