Dubucation

sufi

lala
if south london is accessible to you then the university of dub is probly the ideal venue for further dubucation for diligent dub students
photo2.jpg

altho it may be re-located now the council have "temporarily" closed the rec centre :(

matt b

Indexing all opinion
this mentioned upthread is one of my favourite dub lps:
Impact Allstars- Forward The Bass : Dub From Randy's 1972 - 1975 particularly 'just another dub'
available for under a fiver!

for a bit of ruff 1990s UK-dub, check jah warrior-"dub from the heart part 2". sound samples available on jah warrior's website, i believe

auralux have some fine (dub) releases- jack ruby hi-fi (vocals into dubs, megamix style), mikey dread- "african anthem" etc etc

Last edited:

ripley

All these suggestions are good

A lesser-known, I think, older dub album that is lovely is Well Charged: Vital Dub by Revolutionaries.

And of course Augustus Pablo, pretty much anything he did I like

And France has one of the greatest dub groups of the 90s and 00s (for a non-historical take): High Tone Sound System. Shading back into Jungle in places. Really great stuff. Also Manutension: Strictly for Sound System Dub

muser

High Tone Sound System. Shading back into Jungle in places. Really great stuff. Also Manutension: Strictly for Sound System Dub

word, high tone are wickid, would love to see them live..

also Dr Alimantado - Best dressed chicken in Town
Augustus Pablo & hugh Mundell - Africa must be free by 1983
Badawi - Bedouin Sound Clash